Supercharger Transmissions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any recommendations on transmissions that can handle a supercharger? Just an RT with all the goodies and a supercharger. I know there are a few aftermarket places that it seems most folks go to. What are they and what are the reviews?

Any help here would be great. Thanks!

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would swap out the torque converter and upgrade the trans. valve body before installing a supercharger if it were me.

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the thoughts. TQ converter is already done. And from my understanding, I cant change the valve body on my 2012.

As stated, I really just need some transmission options.

Anyone?

Texas_Cornhusker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any recommendations on transmissions that can handle a supercharger? Just an RT with all the goodies and a supercharger. I know there are a few aftermarket places that it seems most folks go to. What are they and what are the reviews?

Any help here would be great. Thanks!

ATS Trans

This is the Trans i'm putting in my dodge once i put my RIPP charger in. Its probably the best built tranny you can get..

ATS | 2003+ Dodge HEMI 545RFE 4wd Package* HEMI_4th-Gen_2003+-Dodge-HEMI-545RFE-4wd-Package

they have 2wd too.

http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/product.asp?p=3099332999&x=Dodge HEMI_4th-Gen_Transmission-Packages

Ripp mods and Rockstar Garage uses ATS, they are proven

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have not had any personal experience with ATS, however I have read numerous comments about ATS's poor customer service and their lack of standing behind their warranty. I think I would do a little more research before I jumped into a 2 or 3k investment. Once again, I have not had any personal experience with them, but have read a lot of bad comments.
Jay

lowcomet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM R/T
Engine
I'm running a Paramount stage 3 trans running 6psi for about the last 1000 miles, still running stock trans tune (soon to be tuned) with no issues as of yet... You can take that for what's its worth... 2012 Ram R/T

Texas_Cornhusker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you want to know how the ATS holds up, call the guys at RIPP Mod, they put over 10k miles on that tranny now with the supercharger, and zero issues, and they are putting down 500hp+ to the rear of a big tired rig. I had called them and asked them about the tranny and they said its a beast and rated up to 700hp. As far as customer service i have no idea.

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd advise on doing some more research on the ATS as well before jumping on one of them have heard some not so good things when it comes to them.

There is several guys on another forum I'm on who are now running a built tranny by L&M customs. The guy that builds them goes by MGH on dodgetalk. I'd recommend talking to him first. There are several guys running his trans with boost and good results.

On his personal truck he also built his own twin turbo setup and has been running his built trans behind it for well over a year now with no problems.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
ATS will do everything they can to get out of warranty work and their units are hit or miss right out of the box.
I used to run a performance shop that sold ATS...we had roughly a 50% failure/flat didn't work rate. I was sponsored by them with my personal truck...after multiple failures I sent everything back and had my own built...it lasted for 5 years until I sold the truck and lasted the new owner for about a year before he snapped the input shaft at the track.
I have friends at ATS now, I know the owner and his wife personally...I can't in good conscience recommend their products.
FWIW we probably installed 100-150 of their transmissions...the failure rate was unacceptable by any standards.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Honesty on the internet---Damn that's refreshing--
Jay

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well at least I know where not to buy from now.:secret:

Thanks for the input fellas. Im not going to be super hard on my truck, but I do want a solid tranny that will last. Im still searching.

:cheers:

Copperhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
L&M as was suggested in another post. Nothing but good things about that one.

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im looking into this, but I cant seem to find any contact info for this company...

Texas_Cornhusker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im looking into this, but I cant seem to find any contact info for this company...

Look on tge dodge forums. L&M are on there alot. Alot of ppl on there can get you in contact with them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

newtothegame

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got this from another post... Hope this helps!

L & M Customs
113 SUNSHINE LN
MIDDLETOWN, DE 19709-2176
(302) 449-5225

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The ATS 5 year warranty is Parts/Labor for 1st year only,
and only if installed by their dealer/registered shop.

The last 4 years are parts only

Last edited: