Suspension compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram1500LarLong

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hi,
I am looking at upgrading my suspension components. I am working on a budget but do not want to skimp on performance so I am looking for new or slightly used parts on Marketplace and similar places. I have found some Bilstien shocks that seems compatible with my truck but want to make sure they will fit. Can I use other model years say 2019 or 2021 parts on my 2012? On some sites (Bilstien) they use the same part numbers and on other sites (rough country) I'm told they are not compatible. What do you guys know about these parts? Shocks/coilovers, rear springs in particular.

Hemi drifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Limited
Engine
Hemi
So you have a 2012, with shocks and coil springs? No air ride suspension I assume, and if thats the case your life and your options should be much easier lol. Do you have a Rebel, or any otherwise "different model"? 2x4? 4x4? give us all the specs OP lol
Side note, to my knowledge 2019 and up should work if they are the CLASSIC model, and not the 5th gen. I think Ram went to alot of trouble to make things incompatible. ie; Seats while similar do not interchange, side mirrors, wheels, etc... Shocks and springs "might", but you'd have to look up an interchange guide for that, or have both pieces in your hands and compare to see if they’re similar.
Let us know what you find.