Tail light out message error?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Natec003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Last night while driving home I got the alert on my dash that my passanger side tail light is out. I have a 2015 Sport with LED tail lights. When I have someone press the break and look at it, it is not out. It looks identical to the drivers side. I've had a previous LED tail light go out on another vehicle, but it was something like 3 of the 8 small LEDs quit working, and an obvious difference could be seen. This is not the case. I unhooked the battery in attempt to clear the code, but that didn't work. I have not yet had a chance to take off the tail light and check the connector. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and how you may have solved it? Wish I could just swap out a bulb, but can't...Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taylor513

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This literally just happened to me yesterday. 2015 BH, passenger side tail light was out and so I trusted it and bought new bulbs on my way home. Went home and had someone check while I pressed the brake and it was working fine. I pulled the housing off and checked the connection and it seemed fine. Then it showed that my right rear turn signal was out (which is wasn't) so I disconnected the battery overnight for about 10-12 hours and when I got back in it still showed it but after I drove it for a bit this morning the message had cleared. Hopefully it stays that way. I did just replace my reverse light bulbs to LEDS about 2-3 days prior to this but not sure why it would effect the brake light if something was off with the reverse light. I'll let you know if the message comes back

OP
OP
Natec003

Natec003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Check your 3rd brake light... it gives the same message.

It will show as the passenger side in the cluster?

OP
OP
Natec003

Natec003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
This literally just happened to me yesterday. 2015 BH, passenger side tail light was out and so I trusted it and bought new bulbs on my way home. Went home and had someone check while I pressed the brake and it was working fine. I pulled the housing off and checked the connection and it seemed fine. Then it showed that my right rear turn signal was out (which is wasn't) so I disconnected the battery overnight for about 10-12 hours and when I got back in it still showed it but after I drove it for a bit this morning the message had cleared. Hopefully it stays that way. I did just replace my reverse light bulbs to LEDS about 2-3 days prior to this but not sure why it would effect the brake light if something was off with the reverse light. I'll let you know if the message comes back

My housing is the stock LED housing so there is no way to change the bulbs... I'm hoping it will turn itself off, that would be nice

OP
OP
Natec003

Natec003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi

Sure enough it was the third light. I just assumed it would tell me that, and also never even looked at it when testing the first time. Thank you for your help. That is best case scenario

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sure enough it was the third light. I just assumed it would tell me that, and also never even looked at it when testing the first time. Thank you for your help. That is best case scenario

No problem, glad I could help.

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Glad it was fixed, but note a tail light is different than a brake light.

OP
OP
Natec003

Natec003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Glad it was fixed, but note a tail light is different than a brake light.

Haha When you say it like that I guess it makes sense it would be the 3rd brake light