Tapping into bed cargo lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin Vanfossen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey guys, hopefully someone can help on a issue I'm having.

I recently installed some rock lights in my fender wells, and instead of wiring them to a toggle switch, I want to wire them into the cargo light button next to the headlamp knob. I did a little research and found that cargo lights run off a white with tan strip wire that can be found in the door sill on the rear drivers side.
Long story short, I found said wire in the harness outside of my truck underneath the drivers' side door. I hooked my rock lights to the wire, and nothing. Then I found out shortly after, I had wired the rock lights into my reverse lights.

Does anyone know the ACTUAL color of the cargo lights to save me a little time from testing with a multimeter/cutting into more unnecessary wires.

Thanks in advance.

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can't help on which wires to use, but did you use relays for the rock lights, and just want to use the cargo light switch to turn them on and off with?

Chiefelec

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
according to the wire diagram for a 2015 ram 3500 the cargo and backup lights are WT/TN.