Tell me what you don't like about the Ram....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Also true. But I just can't bring myself to spend the extra money on the diesel.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The diesel option holds it value better than the rest of the truck. You'll get a lot more of that $10K back, probably near 100% of it, at sale/trade time.
Very true, but it's all relative for those of us who don't really care about resale value. We buy a new truck and drive it for 15 years, then sell it to Bubba down the road for a couple grand and buy another new one. This is my 3rd new truck since 1987. The first one I had for ~13 years , the last one for 23+. All of them were/are my daily driver.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Very true, but it's all relative for those of us who don't really care about resale value. We buy a new truck and drive it for 15 years, then sell it to Bubba down the road for a couple grand and buy another new one. This is my 3rd new truck since 1987. The first one I had for ~13 years , the last one for 23+. All of them were/are my daily driver.
I usually keep my trucks for a long time too. And if/when I go to sell my 22, I know the Cummins will still bring me a lot more money than the gas motor, even 15-20 years down the road.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've had my Ram for about a year and two minor things bug me way more than they should. 1) You can't roll down the windows from the outside using the fob.
It doesn't really bug me*, but does surprise me. Most cars I've owned since the '90s SAABs to my wife's 2023 Telluride does that.

*If I didn't have remote starting with auto temp and seat cooling it probably would bug me...

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have heard, for years now, about the rust and rot that plagues Dodges/Rams in the wheel wells later on in life...
While it seems logical that the factory would do some sort of rust preventative, I suppose that in many markets it would be an extra cost for no reason.

On my current and last (2015) I had the Waxoil treatment done. My '15 now belongs to my son, and at 9 years still looks essentially new inside and out.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I guess the only minor annoyance is there's no way to control the temp of the HVAC system unless to turn the infotainment screen. Where's my dang buttons to turn the ac/heat up and down.
Are you sure? That is really strange. And I searched to find what your dash might look like and didn't find a single layout that does not have a physical button/knob to adjust temp.

Mine is the 8.4 screen, and it appears the only thing I can do is turn the fan down taking the system out of auto at the same time.
That does bug me - manually changing the fan takes it out of Auto mode. But I find that Auto works really good - at least as good as any other vehicles I've owned, including premium brands such as SAAB and Mercedes.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The gas mileage sucks...they suck in all trucks...
It's really pretty good. We only get about 10 in our '55 Dodge with a 175 (at best!) HP 305 in it, and it weighs less than 4000#. My 5500# RAM with a 400 HP 345 gets 16 in the same situation.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I average 10 pulling my boat.

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a NUSED (new to me) 2020 Laramie 1500. the driver's seat bottom is firm after about 1 hour of seat time. Fortunately, my truck does not have the "bad" HVAC or the leaking back rear window. The factory tires are the Bridgestone 275/55/R20, 32K on the tires these tend to hydroplane, and the short side wall (personal preference - I do not like low profile tires) does not have much cushion to protect rims from curb rub/potholes to protect the rims.
Compared to the known/reported problems, I am very fortunate, but I have had the truck only about 60 days. As the time of ownership continues, my observations/opinions may change.

BlueHemi1500

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Diesels can go twice as long as a gas truck. They are worth much more when you sell them.

WSix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dislikes:
The whole U connect system
Can't move the truck with the door open
Can't fill the gas tank at many gas stations
The rotary gear selector
The "auto start stop system needs service" message that popped up today

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No dead pedal.
Reverse mirrors aim too far down: I wish you could program them.

skates15

Reaction score
The one thing I'm missing form the last 3 vehicles I've owned is being unable to lock, unlock via door handle. I can count on one hand how many times I've used a fob to lock, unlock my car in a year. On the ram I have to use the fob Half a dozen times a day, which is inconvenient when your carrying an arm full of stuff.

Ill get used to using the fob, but these days those features are pretty standard, same for the lack of blind spot monitoring, pretty standard but none of the trucks in my area had it (bighorn).

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The one thing I'm missing form the last 3 vehicles I've owned is being unable to lock, unlock via door handle. I can count on one hand how many times I've used a fob to lock, unlock my car in a year. On the ram I have to use the fob Half a dozen times a day, which is inconvenient when your carrying an arm full of stuff.

Ill get used to using the fob, but these days those features are pretty standard, same for the lack of blind spot monitoring, pretty standard but none of the trucks in my area had it (bighorn).
Yeah, the door handle lock/unlock button is handy, and what I use most of the time. My 22 Ltd Longhorn and my 18 Laramie have/had that. I didn't realize the Bighorn's don't have that feature.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I just ordered mine without power locks or windows. The fob needed for the push-button start is a pain, though. I got tired of carrying a golfball in my pocket so I got a key ring with a brass snap closure like on a leash. Now I hang it from my belt loop, which is also a pain but at least it's not in my pocket anymore. I didn't know it did not have a key start when I ordered it.

skates15

Reaction score
I just ordered mine without power locks or windows. The fob needed for the push-button start is a pain, though. I got tired of carrying a golfball in my pocket so I got a key ring with a brass snap closure like on a leash. Now I hang it from my belt loop, which is also a pain but at least it's not in my pocket anymore. I didn't know it did not have a key start when I ordered it.
Not a bad idea. I used to do that back when I was a Bosun, had a nice brass one for duty and another for personal.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not a bad idea. I used to do that back when I was a Bosun, had a nice brass one for duty and another for personal.
Yeah, this is a brass one left over from my Fish & Wildlife days when I had a ton of keys I had to carry to open and close gates out in the back country. It's still kind of a pain because I have the fob, my truck door key, my house key, my truck bed tool box key, and my receiver lock key on it - but at least all of that isn't in my pocket anymore. :emotions34: