Terrible fob key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramzo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone

Ive been kin of agrevated with the fob key. My fob key like broke twice and the windows roll down and the doors unlock everytime i go near my ram. And if i lay my finger on the unlock button it unlocks i dont even have to press it. The guy at the dodge dealership told me i pressed the button too many times and it resets the key. Idk regardless i got a new key. Just wondering if it happend to anyone else. In generall the key always seems to be hitting the unlock and unlock button in my pants

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
that is weird. I have never heard of that. I would think that if the fob reset it wouldn't work at all on the truck

OP
OP
R

Ramzo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Apparently i hit the buttons two many times in a row. I remeber i was at a bon fire and for some reason i kept hitting unlock or the lock button in my pants over and over. And it broke after that. Maybe it was a bad key

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
On my 09 the wife complained that the widows would roll down on their own, happened to her numerous times, she even took before and after pictures with her phone. LOL
After dealer looked at it 3 times and found nothing wrong, replaced the recieving unit, still did it.
The wife was putting the keys in her purse, depressing buttons and activating the remote down feature.
The funny thing was the dealer said the truck did not have that option.
We all learned something new.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Thats odd, only thing at our house with the key fob is the Superbee so will have to keep an eye out.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know on Nissan vehicles, if you hold the unlock button it will roll the Windows down. Once you release the button they stop goin down.

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
swamp_life hemi 05 said:
I know on Nissan vehicles, if you hold the unlock button it will roll the Windows down. Once you release the button they stop goin down.

If I hold down mine they will roll down.

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
swamp_life hemi 05 said:
I just tried mine since I never had tried it.... It didn't work :( I always liked that feature! Why couldn't it be on the 05's lol

Too old. Lol.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
It was pretty funny the dealer and I both thought the wife was wacked!
Then she took before and after pictures, we couldn't stop laughing.
But in the end she was technically right.

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ive never had a problem with my truck fobs but when we bought our jeep last fall we had both fobs replaced within 2 months due to them completely failing. they told me there were some fobs that weren't assembled correctly on a few cars, truck and jeeps made within a few months. either way we just bought it so they were gonna replace them no matter what the issue was.

i cant count how many times ive dropped my keys (with both fobs on them) into the dog water bowl or snow last year and i havent had an issue yet. i finally moved the water bowl from under the key rack, now they just hit the floor.

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
ive never had a problem with my windows rolling down but one of my key fobs doest ever act right. sometimes i have to press the unlock button 5 or 6 times before it unlocks or hit lock first then hit unlock for it too work. any ideas? im not too worried about it if its not an easy fix because i have 2 new fobs that came with my remote start ill use if i ever get around to installing it lol

Roman4405

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ya I found this out reading on one of the forums. The parson was.saying everytime he got out of work his windows were halfway down. So later a guy said it was a feature. So I tried it and sure enough they rolled down. Took me a year of owning my truck to find this out haha.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't realize this.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The key fobs at the end of the key like in the 3rd gens are easy to break the inside when dropped as I had them on my Durango and had to glue and re solder many times. I have had no issues with stub/nub style thus far. I personally never roll down window(s) except at drivethru haha even in the summer.

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
The key fobs at the end of the key like in the 3rd gens are easy to break the inside when dropped as I had them on my Durango and had to glue and re solder many times. I have had no issues with stub/nub style thus far. I personally never roll down window(s) except at drivethru haha even in the summer.

our commander is an 06 and has the key i think your talking about and yes that design is complete ****. buttons always fall out of it and the part where the key meets the plastic part cracked from falling and broke off once when i was starting the truck. my favorite key i had for any of my Dodges was my 01 Dakota that just had a key and a seperate remote to unlock the doors lol