The Tire Game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I went with MasterCraft MXT's on my last truck, great tire. Now that I want to put tires on the new truck, I'm seeing the market flooded with pop up tire makers or rebranded tread patterns.
Achiles, Crosswind, Forceum, Haida, Kanati, Radar, Gladiator, etc. etc.

Has there been any new tread patterns that have actually improved the mud terrain segment or are they all just filling the jacked up mall crawler boom?

I wanted to go with Cooper Discovery STT's but they changed the tread and discontinued the old ones from what i see.

Not a full on mud bogger but it will see hunting clubs, middle of the woods fishing holes, dirt roads, and highway.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess the 2 questions you should ask yourself is

1. What’s you budget for tires?

2. And do you need MT’s or could you get away with XT’s or even AT’s.

I ran Nitto’s for a while on my trucks. They handled everything I threw at them. This time around I didn’t want to spend that much as I had other expenses to take care of. I put Federals on my truck. So far they have been great.
66010b2b3c66c2b77155d8743dc68ed4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Sasquatchtdg

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Spent around $1350 on Tires, 0.25" spacers, and labor. Don't know what my guy's pricing is but unless $400+ per tire gives me something more than a brand name, I'll stay value minded.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hear ya. I paid less than a grand for these mounted and balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I wanted to try Kanati Mudhogs after reading the good reviews they got in JP magazine.
While shopping for them I found they make an AT Trailhog so I went with that instead as it fit my needs better than a full on mud terrain...
275x60R20s ran me $180 each compared to $250 Duratracs (which have a similar tread pattern) and they are a 10 ply tire.
They have served me very well in the worst winter Iowa's has had in 45 years...