These dang Fourms make me spend money!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedxEyes71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The great thing about this sites members is just about everyone is not judgemental. Most are willing to help anyone.
I find the people here are the salesman. If this forum wasn't full of knowledgeable and curious people, I wouldn't be comfortable modding as much.

100% agree! I've been on several other forums and this is hands down the best group of people that I have had the pleasure of reading replies without shaking my head. I've seen threads created here that could've been answered in a search by the author, and you guys don't give any grief. Y'all just jump right in and try to help.
And yes, I've had my truck for four weeks and have already bought a kKicker amp and Mufflex delete. I'm getting ready to by a lift kit but the tire prices scare the sh*t out of me! Lol

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
100% agree! I've been on several other forums and this is hands down the best group of people that I have had the pleasure of reading replies without shaking my head. I've seen threads created here that could've been answered in a search by the author, and you guys don't give any grief. Y'all just jump right in and try to help.

^^^ Totally agree
I started a thread because I was thinking about changing my entire exhaust set up. 5 pages and lot's of good advise later, it turns out I just needed to swap the Y pipe! That's a scenario where the guys on here saved me alot of money, too! :)

OP
OP
lokal907ryder

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
^^^ Totally agree
I started a thread because I was thinking about changing my entire exhaust set up. 5 pages and lot's of good advise later, it turns out I just needed to swap the Y pipe! That's a scenario where the guys on here saved me alot of money, too! :)
This "y pipe" you speak of, what are the benefits. Will it make my exhaust louder? I installed the magnaflow dod14m and it's too quiet. I don't want to spend money on a muffler delete now. Just want it louder. Was thinking of having the resonators deleted but will that even make a difference?

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Totally agree! My truck is only two weeks old and I'm already putting money in it. Geez... 3M tint, Rhino Liner, Truxedo LoPro, & BT Catch can....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat haha. Getting my Line-X Thursday haha.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This "y pipe" you speak of, what are the benefits. Will it make my exhaust louder? I installed the magnaflow dod14m and it's too quiet. I don't want to spend money on a muffler delete now. Just want it louder. Was thinking of having the resonators deleted but will that even make a difference?

It allows smoother flow, the factory one is kinda deformed. But it wouldn't make your truck louder. Removing the resonators would make it louder. Do you have the stock exhaust tips??

Here's an updated pic of my progress. Still waiting to install the bilstiens and zone UCA's.

Trucks looking really good!!!

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys aren't kidding! Here is my tab just since joining RF in February 2014:

Gear Swap & LSD $2,300
Lowering Kit $2,200

I'm assuming this was the price installed? I am glad I lowered mine with the help of a friend... Hefty price tag

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm assuming this was the price installed? I am glad I lowered mine with the help of a friend... Hefty price tag

Yes installed. The parts alone were, $1,800.
I paid $550 labor for installing lowering kit, new rotors and pads, and an oil/filter change to Redline (not including the oil).

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Yes installed. The parts alone were, $1,800.
I paid $550 labor for installing lowering kit, new rotors and pads, and an oil/filter change to Redline (not including the oil).

That's really not bad for labor, plus if they added a done right clause. But a 12pack is way cheeper...

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's really not bad for labor, plus if they added a done right clause. But a 12pack is way cheeper...

I was very happy with the price.
Not to mention, I have been back to the shop 4 times since for changing out the bushings, retorquing, double checking, and gear swap break-in service... NO CHARGE. :)

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Here's an updated pic of my progress. Still waiting to install the bilstiens and zone UCA's.

Man I REALLY like that blue!! Second best color Ram ever made. :)

OP
OP
lokal907ryder

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It allows smoother flow, the factory one is kinda deformed. But it wouldn't make your truck louder. Removing the resonators would make it louder. Do you have the stock exhaust tips??

Trucks looking really good!!!
Oh ok. No I have 5" outlet 12" long rolled edge tips. Think I'll talk the resonators out. Hopefully it doesn't drone too bad.

OP
OP
lokal907ryder

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
no not yet, still concered about drone and not sure it will give me the sound im looking for. i think im going to just run the DODM80 (or just have a shop weld in a muffler delete for 125$) and leave the resenators. my last truck i had a shop remove the muffler and reso's and it was pretty raspy when getting on it so i instaled a aero turbine 3030 and it was perfect. i had more compliments on that set up then i ever have. i ran my old 2010 and my old 2012 with just a muffler delete and left the reso's and loved it. so i will probably just stick with that route as its cheaper then deleteing everything then adding an aero turbine, and gets the sound i want.