thinkin its time for new rear shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So within the last two weeks, I've notice between 50 and 55 that the rear is very bouncy. Stock shocks in the rear as far as I know. Havin rear shudder issues too, but doubt the bounciness in the rear is related. Damn things fallin apart around me lol. Was under it the other day and it looks like the front sway bar has shifted a half inch to the drives side. There is nice shiny black showing. Just need to get a six inch lift and be done with it lol. So are we feeling new shocks? Or could it be something else?

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So within the last two weeks, I've notice between 50 and 55 that the rear is very bouncy. Stock shocks in the rear as far as I know. Havin rear shudder issues too, but doubt the bounciness in the rear is related. Damn things fallin apart around me lol. Was under it the other day and it looks like the front sway bar has shifted a half inch to the drives side. There is nice shiny black showing. Just need to get a six inch lift and be done with it lol. So are we feeling new shocks? Or could it be something else?

First I would get the tires balanced. Its the number one thing for vibrations that only occur at certain speeds. As for the front sway bar, it sounds hella loose.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
The service life of shocks all depend on how the truck is used...if you get 60,000 miles on your OEM shocks then you can consider them spent and replace them...

OP
OP
bigtigga84

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dunno how it was used before I got it, that's my dilemma. I tried to.wiggle the say bar and it wouldn't move so I dunno what its deal is.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
When you say the back of the truck is "bouncy at 50-55" what do you mean by bouncy? I mean is it a constant bouncing back there to where it is almost a vibration?

OP
OP
bigtigga84

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its up and down, not really a vibration. I've let it go for a while before saying anything so I didn't loom like an idiot lol. Even though im good at that. No it feels like it's bouncing, not violently, but its certainly noticeable

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
any weird tire wear? If you get up on the bumper and move up and down do you hear any "creaking" noise?

OP
OP
bigtigga84

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The outside half inch of the rear tires doesn't touch the road. I have the pressure at 40 psi. Ans yes, it creaks lime my girls bed when.....yes it creaks lol

OP
OP
bigtigga84

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I thought. Just waiting on duane to get back with me on a quote for em, didn't see the 5100's on 3rd strike last night.