This has been breaking my head. Need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so I always wanted my truck black, which it is, just need to paint the bumpers. I always wanted a chrome bull bar which I have but just need to paint bumpers so I could install it. BUT I also have always wanted some red stripes on my truck. Either from the front to the back or just like the challenger rt type of stripes(by the front tires). So If my truck is all black and I put on the Chrome bull bar it'll stand out alot, but then if I add the red stripes it'll get thrown off, I'm ******* confused at what I want to do now. So took a pic of my truck and did some paint editing stuff on it,(which by the way I suck at it) to give me ideas of how it would look.

Here are the pics I edited. Like I said I suck at this, so if anyone wants to help me with the editing, feel free :artist1:
And to see the image and make it look a little more real, look at the screen from a bit futher and squint your eyes haha :) no but seriously it works.

My Truck as it is right now:
DSCF0457.jpg

My truck when I paint the bumpers black:
DSCF0457paint3.jpg

My Truck with bull bar:
DSCF0457paint1.jpg

My Truck with bull bar and red RT stripes:
DSCF0457paint1-1.jpg

My Truck with bull bar and red stripes:
DSCF0457paint.jpg

I was talking with my brother about this. And he said "why dont you do what challengers have, Black with Flat black stripes with the red outline" So now im also thinking about this and it sounds like it wont be thrown off as much. Well the flat black stripes sounds awesome, the red outline on the stripes sounds awesome too, but might throw it off a lil by the chrome bull bar but not as much as completely red stripes. My interior soon will be black and red which is one of the reasons I want some red on the exterior.

So yeah this is breaking my head, I need help. Suggestions, comments, anything please let me know, it'll really help.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How about getting a black bull bar? Then it will go with the rest of your theme. The idea of blacking out the bumper and then doing a stripe set looks good. It is just the chrome bar that throws it off.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You just can't mix chrome and red on a blacked out truck.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DSCF0457.jpg

No bull bar here is me playin with it

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
wow at your paint skills.. lol..
i think it would look good with the red stripes up the hood- it would be different which is good...
you can always paint the bull bar, i used plasti dip on mine and it is holding up really well- dont leave it chrome.
what are your plans with the wheels?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Gonna be tuff to get the red stripes to work but its do able. Black trucks with red pin stripes is old school and you could black out your rims with a red pin stripe maybe?

OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn it. Oh well I guess i'll paint the bumpers black. Install the Chrome bull bar. And when i'm ready to do more upgrades i'll probably remove the bull bar and get the stripes. As far as the rims I wanna get some black rims with red on them:

This is just an Example:
RamRims.jpg

And Daniel you got some really great painting skills.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
If you want a red stripe maybe get someone to photoshop a red rumble bee like stripe. Take a look at my racing stripes and try putting those on your truck there 7 inches a peice with a half inch space and then a half inch stripe on each side. Best thing I could suggest is see if you can find a cheap red stripe kit and toss it on your truck. Thats what I did for mine to make sure I wanted to drop the coin for painted ones.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
wow i best get my touches on my truck as i see some of my kept quiet ideas being used up...

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are set on the chrome bull bar i would leave the bumpers chrome just my 2 cents. Ain't nothing wrong with a little chrome

OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wow i best get my touches on my truck as i see some of my kept quiet ideas being used up...

Jay you're planning on giong black and red too? haha Damn I thought I was the only one on here man.

OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Jay you're planning on giong black and red too? haha Damn I thought I was the only one on here man.

If you want a red stripe maybe get someone to photoshop a red rumble bee like stripe. Take a look at my racing stripes and try putting those on your truck there 7 inches a peice with a half inch space and then a half inch stripe on each side. Best thing I could suggest is see if you can find a cheap red stripe kit and toss it on your truck. Thats what I did for mine to make sure I wanted to drop the coin for painted ones.

Yeah that's what i'm thinking on doing, just getting some decals from ebay to try them on and if i really like it i'll get them painted. How much did you pay for yours?

If you are set on the chrome bull bar i would leave the bumpers chrome just my 2 cents. Ain't nothing wrong with a little chrome

Yeah I know I would like it like that as well but I like black are red better

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I got the decals from advanced auto for maybe 20 for a roll idk cant remember there price. Far as the paint I do remember that price because its through the roof but they do great work and have a great warranty. The hood was painted new outta the box and all the stripes were burried in clear, 6 layers of clear on the hood and 3 on the roof and tailgate. Hood was $1500 and the rest of the stripes were $900....

OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not yet man. I havent gotten paid. I work off comission, I got an appointment on sunday so hopefully i get the sale and get paid by like thursday and as soon as I get the money i'm defenitly having it checked out because I that to get fixed.

donjohnk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally dont like the bull bars. stick with ur black and red scheme, but try to make ur truck like knowone elses. I went with the Orange instead of the silver cause I've seen many lately.

heres how my truck looked
mytruckp.jpg

threw a bed stripe on there
94709559.jpg

got tired of looking like alot of the rams around town
7252010.jpg

OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally dont like the bull bars. stick with ur black and red scheme, but try to make ur truck like knowone elses. I went with the Orange instead of the silver cause I've seen many lately.

Yeah I know I want it to be unique, The thing is my girlfriend just bought me the bull bar for my bday so I'd feel bad leaving it out or painting it black or something.
Oh and btw your truck looks sweet with the orange.

HAHAHA Nice photo-chopping skills man!

haha thanks man, I try lol:roflsquared:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio