Those who traded up...worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramped

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking about trading up to a 19 Laramie from my 14 Bighorn. To those who have gone to the new generation, any regrets? Is it that much quieter...does it ride that much better...do you miss your 4th gen...

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking about trading up to a 19 Laramie from my 14 Bighorn. To those who have gone to the new generation, any regrets? Is it that much quieter...does it ride that much better...do you miss your 4th gen...

I came from a ‘17. No regrets other than having to wait for aftermarket support. Then “Yes” to everything else. It’s a noticeable update, but familiar at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Definitely worth it. I had a 14 Big Horn, Level 1 equipped, received $10k less than I originally paid for it as trade. Bought a 19 Big Horn, Level 2 equipped, Sport Appearance and Off Road package and a couple other options. Bought it for $11k off sticker.

From a value perspective alone, it was worth it to me. I did look at Laramie to begin but I just couldn’t get over the interior trim of the Laramie. While beautiful, it’s a little gaudy for my tastes.

The interior on any trim and the ride however is 2nd to none. Ram knocked it out of the park for sure and all other manufacturers will be playing the catch up game.

I agree with @Kfield, aftermarket has to catch up but that is expected with any new release. No regrets from me but as mentioned above, I went from a mildly equipped Ram to a fully equipped one this time with respect to trim level. The best thing “value wise” IMO, I’ll have no reason to trade again until the 6th gen and that’s probably 7 or so years away.

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Go test drive one.. I have a 16 laramie and test drove a 19 limited and the only thing that stopped me from buying it was I didnt want to retstart the loan timer count down again plus I only paid 38k for mine the limited would probably be around 50k financed with trade equity.. they are amazing and maybe in a year or so Ill be upgrading as well.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Ride quality of the 19 is very soft, but it is a good ride. The interior in my opinion is the best in the industry.

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Went from a black '12 sport to this patriot blue Bighorn. This one is much quieter but for me that's about the only thing I don't like about it. But I had an aftermarket exhaust on the '12 so that made it sound really good. I'll be doing that as soon as I can with the new one. Much smoother ride as well. In certain ways I do miss the old truck but I would still get this one if I had to decide again.

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I traded in my 2014 Ram Sport Quad Cab for a 2019 Big Horn Sport Crew Cab. The ride was good on the 14 but even better on the 19. I wanted the bigger cab and some other things like the Alpine radio that my 14 did not have. The LED headlights are probably my favorite upgrade from the 14.

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I came from a ‘17. No regrets other than having to wait for aftermarket support. Then “Yes” to everything else. It’s a noticeable update, but familiar at the same time.

Same place I am currently at. I have a 17 express and looking at trading up to the 19 big horn/ long horn. Wife and I looked at one and drove it. She is absolutely in love and gave me the go ahead to get it. Local dealer wants to steal mine and not give me the full 8k rebates. Going out of town today as I found one with over 10k off MSRP. If the numbers work I’ll be in this one soon:
c53714ef3d9224747ccfd5afbf453b0d.png

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Its a substantial upgrade across the board. I went from a 2016 Sport which only had 11K on the clock. My truck looked brand new. Even the dealer was surprised that it was so clean with such low mileage. Even though I already miss my 2016 this 2019 Sport is just amazing to drive. So far I am loving it. Go test drive one you will see what we are all raving about.

Goal10der

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Went from 1 2016 Big Horn to a next-gen 2019 Big Horn. Only 650 miles on it so far, so no long term opinion. Ride is more comfortable, seems to have more room in the cabin than the 16 did. Steering seems more precise (it better be - it's new). Getting use to the e-Torque Hemi only minor challenge so far. A little daunting when the truck shuts itself off at a light, then restarts, but after a couple of days, you get used to it. Interior is definitely an improvement, probably the best I've seen in the 15 plus years I've owned Ram trucks.

jptsr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Went from a 14 bighorn to a 19 bighorn off-road. Worth it is relative I think but i don't regret it. my 19 has just enough bells and whistles to make it fresh but my 14 was paid for. Not sure what type of quiet you are referring too but my 14 definitely had more growl. Despite the noise reduction in my 19 there is definitely more road noise but thats mostly because of the off-road tiers. Equipped with the same rubber my 19 would be much quieter than my 14.

20180909_110641.jpg

2017-03-22_19-11-56_284.jpeg

jptsr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^. Very nice, what rear step is that in your hitch area please ?

Thanks! As far as the step goes, I love it. Solid piece of metal gotta weigh 15 pounds at least. Great tie of point for snatch straps and the hitch would probably snap before the step under load. Only problem is its way small for the receiver. Had to put a few layers of gorilla tape around it to keep it from rattling.

TGL Hitch Step, Tow Hitch for 2" Receivers

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XZLSFKT/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That’s funny as a I have a whole roll of the gorilla tape still in it’s plastic. :)

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2017 limited to 19 limited. What an upgrade. 12 “ screen led headlights and adaptive cruise made it worth the switch. The interior and a million other thimgs put it over the top. I do miss my 17 but I miss all my previous things. If only I had Leno’s space and $...

LossPrev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I almost went from a 2015 Laramie to a loaded 2019 Big Horn and the new one was nice enough that the only thing I was really going to miss from the Laramie was cooled seats. Everything just felt and looked better. Ended up in a loaded black out package Laramie and am very happy. The last gen was nice but I feel like I'm driving a Mercedes truck now.

Was definitely worth resetting my payment schedule for. The only way I'd say don't get one is if you're going to be cutting it tight financially with a larger payment. I'd also make sure you wait to get the one you want.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I traded my 17 Longhorn for a loaded 19 Longhorn. It was ordered 2 days ago and have to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery. My 17 had air suspension and stated to give me all kinds of headaches so I pulled the plug and ordered a 19 without the air ride but all other options. Black Saddle interior and tri-coat ivory exterior.