Those with LT headers, how did you run the dipstick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seems to be a lot of different ways people have run the dipstick, I ran it through the rear 2 primaries and bent the **** out of it to get it to fit, along with cutting off the lower bracket and not bolting it back behind the motor mount that I read about from searching. Point of ref. I am runng ARH 1 3/4" LT's with cats (for the $$ ARH should have instruction on how to install!).

While it worked, cleared everything and the upper bracket bolts back to the header bolt...the dipstick does not want to go back in easily, its a fight.

SO, in order to help everyone on here that plans to tackle LT's on their truck I would like to start a thread that can be "searched" for to help anyone else.

Please post up how you ran you dipstick (with pics if possible)!

Attachments

• Dip stick bend.jpg
    Dip stick bend.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 4

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have 1 3/4“ ARH. Approximately 8-10 degree bend about two inches above the block entry. I was able to reuse all the factory mounting points. I work on A/C systems and use tube benders every day, so that helps. After reading everyone else’s issues I was ready to buy a lokar ,however when I saw the header installed it was obvious just a little tweak was all that was needed. 3/8 “ bender was used.