Three Weeks Ago I Loved my New 2015 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

lapriester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I own an auto repair shop, so yes, nobody else touches my ****. Luckily, we go above and beyond to take care of our customers so I rarely if ever deal with angry customers. If you'll read, I specifically said many dealers are not even proficient, hence the reason I'm so busy.

The point I'm making is acting like an idiot rarely garners any better rresult, at any point. If you feel they're not doing things right, go somewhere else that will. Being a ******** and yelling at petty functionaries who are just doing what they're bosses tell them gets you nowhere, and it certainly doesn't incite them to jump into action.

As for the customer is always right, **** all that. The customer is often misinformed, ignorant and self reicheous. The fact that someone is wearing a name tag does not alleviate all chances that YOU may be In the wrong. On the other hand, just because the person you're dealing with is an idiot doesn't mean that you're in the right to be an idiot in return. Two assholes don't make an intelligent adult.

With an attitude like yours I'm surprised you are still in business.

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CCSB, 2011 ccsb, 2012 5500, 2016 5500, 2017 ccsb wxpress
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
With an attitude like yours I'm surprised you are still in business.

Yes, because one post you read on the internet gives you a complex look into my character and business acumen. Get over yourself. To say the customer is always right is to insinuate that everyone who has ever bought anything has never been wrong.... Really? A large percentage of the population barely contain enough gray matter to be a functioning human being, but they're always right? Hardly.

I've been at this a long time and the reality of auto repair is most people don't know anything, and the few who do are internet educated and couldn't turn a profitable wrench in the real world of they had to.

Again, there are ****** shops and terrible customer service everywhere, I'm NOT saying there isn't. What I'm saying is if you're an ******* all the time you probably encounter a lot of assholes, and that's not a coincidence.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I own an auto repair shop, so yes, nobody else touches my ****. Luckily, we go above and beyond to take care of our customers so I rarely if ever deal with angry customers. If you'll read, I specifically said many dealers are not even proficient, hence the reason I'm so busy.

The point I'm making is acting like an idiot rarely garners any better rresult, at any point. If you feel they're not doing things right, go somewhere else that will. Being a ******** and yelling at petty functionaries who are just doing what they're bosses tell them gets you nowhere, and it certainly doesn't incite them to jump into action.

As for the customer is always right, **** all that. The customer is often misinformed, ignorant and self reicheous. The fact that someone is wearing a name tag does not alleviate all chances that YOU may be In the wrong. On the other hand, just because the person you're dealing with is an idiot doesn't mean that you're in the right to be an idiot in return. Two assholes don't make an intelligent adult.
I bet you dont tell your customers 6 days in a row that the vehicle will be ready tomorrow. Especially since they denied there was a tsb about it then when i picked up my truck they admitted there was. They screwed around and gave me ******** excuses for almost a week and a half. Also, having found enough info on the problem on this forum to diagnose the issue made it all the more frustrating when it turned out to be the problem. And no, i no longer go to that dealership. Theres one closer to my house that ive had many good experiences at and zero complaints. I know its not all dealerships :crazy: but some are just downright ignorant. The service manager handled my situation horribly so i told him what i thought of their poor service. Obviously you wont have poor service because youre privately owned and you make more money when customers return. Dealerships have to fix warranty repairs and when some dont even spend the time to figure out the problem its pretty rediculous.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
OK girls calm down and keep on topic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
You obviously have not had to go to too many dodge dealerships lately lol.

The warranty for our 6.4 trucks being 100,000 is nearly useless because the techs that have been "trained" cant even have a technical conversation about anything in the truck. The dealership my truck came from tried to tell me we dont have to grease the front axle but it says RIGHT ON THE FENDER that you should grease it every 3000 miles. Not only do they not know what they are doing, they will try to say anything is not warranty. It took them 10 days to do a software update to fix the CEL on my 1200 mile truck! You best believe i mother ****** the service manager up and down and gave them 1-star reviews when the chrysler survey was emailed to me. But thats ok they werent gonna get my business ever again anyway because their techs have proved to be incompetent.

I feel you on this o.p. just keep on em!

sounds like that shop is not flat-rate

if i was a tech, why the **** would i want to take 10 days to do a ecu flash then flag my hours, and hopefully it still makes it on this paycheck......

ask yourself that, do you understand wtf im saying with the TECH is trying to make $$$, and the only way he can do that is if he opens and closes out tickets and flags his hours complete - they normally do not get paid for their hours until the ticket is completed, i would be very shocked if a dealer paid the tech on a line by line basis instead of a overall completion of the entire service ticket.

But go ahead and keep thinking the techs/service writers are all out to screw you by keeping your vehicle on the lot longer then they wanted, which makes no sense because they cant close out the service ticket and they wont get paid until they do......

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
sounds like that shop is not flat-rate

if i was a tech, why the **** would i want to take 10 days to do a ecu flash then flag my hours, and hopefully it still makes it on this paycheck......

ask yourself that, do you understand wtf im saying with the TECH is trying to make $$$, and the only way he can do that is if he opens and closes out tickets and flags his hours complete - they normally do not get paid for their hours until the ticket is completed, i would be very shocked if a dealer paid the tech on a line by line basis instead of a overall completion of the entire service ticket.

But go ahead and keep thinking the techs/service writers are all out to screw you by keeping your vehicle on the lot longer then they wanted, which makes no sense because they cant close out the service ticket and they wont get paid until they do......

There is a reason you see many owners on here complaining about dealerships. Not all of them are out to screw you, but a lot of them just don't care about their customers.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Usless posts as usual.

Main reason its taking a while is you just want the boot. That's that cheap way out for them to fix it and usually 95% of the time if a boot goes bad you replace the CV axle. Its faster and more common in the long run. REplacing the boot I bet a bunch of crap got in there and got contaminated. I hope they flush it out and repack it with grease. You buy the CV axle its all ready to go. With power tools and lift maybe 1 hour max to replace. With just the boot they have to take it out task the boot off, hope its cleaned out and regreased then boot back on then back in the truck. Yeah no its the dealer and we all know they suck.

That theory doesn't make any sense. The dealer does not pay for it. If it is under warranty it is on Chryslers dime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You obviously have not had to go to too many dodge dealerships lately lol.

The warranty for our 6.4 trucks being 100,000 is nearly useless because the techs that have been "trained" cant even have a technical conversation about anything in the truck. The dealership my truck came from tried to tell me we dont have to grease the front axle but it says RIGHT ON THE FENDER that you should grease it every 3000 miles. Not only do they not know what they are doing, they will try to say anything is not warranty. It took them 10 days to do a software update to fix the CEL on my 1200 mile truck! You best believe i mother ****** the service manager up and down and gave them 1-star reviews when the chrysler survey was emailed to me. But thats ok they werent gonna get my business ever again anyway because their techs have proved to be incompetent.

I feel you on this o.p. just keep on em!

Were you trying to have a technical conversation with the 17 year old kid changing oil or something? Most or the technicians have a considerable amount of time in training. And if your truck was there for 10 days, there was likely more done than a software update. It's not like they had to order it from the same warehouse as that axle boot. This is probably not the whole story.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Were you trying to have a technical conversation with the 17 year old kid changing oil or something? Most or the technicians have a considerable amount of time in training. And if your truck was there for 10 days, there was likely more done than a software update. It's not like they had to order it from the same warehouse as that axle boot. This is probably not the whole story.

This isn't the same person as the op who has the issue with the axle boot. The technicians can have all the training in the world, all that means is the get a piece of paper saying they were trained. If they don't have any kind of diagnosing skills they will either throw parts at until they get it right or just claim they couldn't find the problem. I work with one ex chrysler tech who has worked at half of the dealerships in Metro detroit, he has all of the pieces of paper that says he can fix any chrysler vehicle, that doesn't mean he can though.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This isn't the same person as the op who has the issue with the axle boot. The technicians can have all the training in the world, all that means is the get a piece of paper saying they were trained. If they don't have any kind of diagnosing skills they will either throw parts at until they get it right or just claim they couldn't find the problem. I work with one ex chrysler tech who has worked at half of the dealerships in Metro detroit, he has all of the pieces of paper that says he can fix any chrysler vehicle, that doesn't mean he can though.

I know it's not the same guy. I was trying to make a joke.

Not knowing what the heck he is doing is likely the reason he has worked at so many places. But I guess you are right. It is just like anything. There will always be people who are better at their job than others.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum

Actually their so called "expert on hemis" is around 40 and allegedly "does motor swaps and works on these all the time" even though when i bought the truck it was "the only one theyve ever seen." Like loveracing said some dealerships just do not care about warranty customers. This is one of those dealerships. They even tried screwing my dad out of his free lifetime oil changes. I was simply giving my example of a lack luster service department. Now i understand in the case of the o.p. they might not be able to control how quickly the parts come in, etc, but my case was simply dealer neglect. You make a good point as well though why would they hold my truck ten days and continuously tell me it will be ready when it wont all for a software update? Beats me but its done with and im simply not going back there.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually their so called "expert on hemis" is around 40 and allegedly "does motor swaps and works on these all the time" even though when i bought the truck it was "the only one theyve ever seen." Like loveracing said some dealerships just do not care about warranty customers. This is one of those dealerships. They even tried screwing my dad out of his free lifetime oil changes. I was simply giving my example of a lack luster service department. Now i understand in the case of the o.p. they might not be able to control how quickly the parts come in, etc, but my case was simply dealer neglect. You make a good point as well though why would they hold my truck ten days and continuously tell me it will be ready when it wont all for a software update? Beats me but its done with and im simply not going back there.

I wouldn't go back if you do not have confidence in the work being performed. At least around here, dealers are not hard to come by. Find one that you trust. Find a technician that you trust to work on your stuff. When my wife's Audi needs work, there is one guy I always ask for at the local dealer.

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
As an ex service writer at a Dodge dealer... you're absolutely right that some dealers do not care about warranty customers. Mine (i like to think) was one of the good ones, and out of the 4 writers, I was the truck guy, i had NUMEROUS cummins and gasser customers that would only deal with me because i knew my ****...

However I'll never forget this poor old grandma that brought me her JGC one day, that she managed to communicate to me in poor english, was leaking oil. She said she'd already brought it to another local dealer but was still seeing spots on her driveway. So we put it up in the air and the tech called me back to have a look.. the entire bell housing to block mating surface had been packed with grease to try and stop the evidence that the rear main seal was leaking. So we manned up and dropped the trans to do the job for her properly, and in turn gained a life long customer.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Dealers are owned and run by different types of people, and are thus all different. I think rather than trying to say that "all dealers are ___" how about just try to find a good one?

A VW TDI board I used to be on kept a list (user-submitted, with fairly regular updates) of confirmed good dealer service departments. Would something like that fly here?

There are a lot more Rams around than TDIs, so I'm thinking we might be able to build up a pretty decent database.

VectorZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealers are owned and run by different types of people, and are thus all different. I think rather than trying to say that "all dealers are ___" how about just try to find a good one?

A VW TDI board I used to be on kept a list (user-submitted, with fairly regular updates) of confirmed good dealer service departments. Would something like that fly here?

There are a lot more Rams around than TDIs, so I'm thinking we might be able to build up a pretty decent database.

That's a damn good idea!:naughty:

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
^ I was thinking of this EXACT thing yesterday. I'm new to the Ram world and have no clue as to how good my local service departments are going to be.

With my GM trucks, I had built up a really good rapport with the service writers. Hoping I will find the same thing with one of the Ram service departments here!

OP
OP
L

lapriester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, it's finally fixed. Picked it up today. I'll give the small local dealer a bunch of credit. When he got the boot, he felt uncomfortable about only replacing the boot alone. He happened to have a complete axle assembly in stock so wrote up the work order saying I complained about the leaky boot and a "clicking" sound. That gave him authorization from Chrysler to replace the entire right axle assembly.

All that from a dealer I didn't buy the truck from.

Do I feel all warm and fuzzy now? Not quite yet. We'll see what happens if I have any more problems. Nice to have the truck back on the road again two and a half weeks after it broke down. Got my Line-X and camper shell installed today and the brake control will be installed by the dealer I bought it from on Friday. Things are coming together....finally.

The camper shell guy had a very handy behind the wheel well tool box he offered to me installed cheaper than Amazon and would have had to install it myself.

Made by Undercover: http://www.amazon.com/Undercover-SC...=1427871941&sr=8-1&keywords=Undercover+SC300d

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Glad to hear everything worked out better than expected.

Sucks that you had to be without it for three weeks, though.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So you joined this forum to rant. Like people said this is not a big issue. there's people with lemons that dont have lemon laws and there's nothing they can do, trust me you got it good.

You introduce your self and post one picture, and for 10 days you dont post once then you open a thread like this here and on other forums. Sorry, but I smell a troll..

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So you joined this forum to rant. Like people said this is not a big issue. there's people with lemons that dont have lemon laws and there's nothing they can do, trust me you got it good.

You introduce your self and post one picture, and for 10 days you dont post once then you open a thread like this here and on other forums. Sorry, but I smell a troll..

A lot of times people only seek out forums if they have issues... From what I have seen a troll generally comes on and does nothing but complain about their vehicle until they get kicked off, they never post a resolution like he did.