Tie downs for in bed use

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all, so I have these interesting bolt holes in the bed and before I have the bedliner sprayed in I would like to add some sort of anchors to use as tie downs. What are you folks using? The holes under the urethane can....

Ram bed bolt hole 4.jpgRam bed bolt hole 3.jpg

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Mine has cleats from the factory in those places. Like a marine cleat.

You don’t need them in place for the bed liner; they will just pull them off to spray anyway. Just stick some bolts in the holes to protect the threads and tell the sprayer you want those holes preserved and not filled in.

JBRINEHAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have a 2014 Laramie 1500 w/ 6’4” bed and I have to w 4 factory tie down anchors but more often than not when I need to strap something down the factory anchors are never where I need them to be and obviously I can’t move them. I’ve seen the top rail retractable anchors & even the corner ones but are there not ANY type of anchor tie down that are similar to the factory? I’d like to avoid drilling in the bed and or using the top rail as the counterweight bc excessive use might eventually bend the metal

OP
OP
odinjunior

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took the truck in to have a leveling kit installed and while there I asked at the parts desk if I could order the tie downs. Parts said that they no longer were orderable for some reason. Prolly saved me some $ as I found them on EBay for $19.99.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Visit a marine hardware site pick up some stainless cleats ,and backplate material. Then choose your desired locaction to mount , look very closely under the bed for obstructions, so as to not damage things .then drill and mount in your needed place.