TigreST Checkin' in.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Greetings and salutations fellow Mopar truck dudes and dudettes. I went looking for info on Hellcat wheels for RAMS and ended up here, so what the heck, better sign on thinks me. Better do an intro also.

O.k. So, married for 22 years and got started on that late in life...mid 40's. Great wife and a couple of great kids (happy to say), 16yr old boy, 20year old daughter. I've been boiling oil (refinery operations) for the last 36 years and am looking retirement square in the face. Just gotta pick a date and pull the pin.

All things Mopar/Dodge/RAM: After being a diehard Chevy guy during my formative years with my first in car (1978) being a numbers matching 1972 Chevelle SS/454/4-speed(M-22 Rock Crusher) machine I continued the trend with a 1984 Camaro Z-28 when I blew the motor in the SS and was somewhat stranded for wheels, circa 1986. I had no place to work on the SS (apartment life in the Great White North of Fort McMurray Alberta) so sold the broken SS, which broke my heart. I ran the Camaro until a young lady rear-ended me and wrote the Z'd off. This was before the cell phone craze...but apparently if you do your make-up in the rear view mirror you can effect the same "distracted driver" results. This was 1996 shortly after marriage. They gave me next to nothing for the Z'd but I did score a ….wait for it...Mercury Topaz 4 door 4 banger to get me through the winter. As luck would have it...kid number one came along and in truth the Merc was the ideal baby cruiser machine. So the Mercury worked out fine but then it to started to have issues. I scored my brothers 88 Ford Ranger and did a ground up/body off resto on it and ended up with a cool little low rider truck. 4 cylinder fuel injected 4 speed-over drive machine with a fart pipe on it. My daughter loved the noise when I rev'd it under the overpasses around town, Vroom Vroom. The Ranger was a daily driver and as it got older mother natures winters and the local salt on the roads began to take it's toll on it. Just about that time my buddy (long time Mopar guy) asked me.."Hey..you wanna buy my 03 Dodge Ram Quad Cab? Take if to lunch with the kids and see what you think of it." So I did and the rest is history as they say. We close the deal in Nov. of 2009 and the machine had only 35267km's on the clock. It was well maintained and the idea that I knew the history made if sort of a no brainer purchase. It cam with a Leer full topper, factory CD/Nav, and all the regular power options, windows, remote doorlocks etc, bright red in color. Shortly after purchase I did a brake replacement on it. The OEM rotors had suffered in part due to the trucks lack of use, hence the low miles.

I ran the 03 until Dec of 2018 when it met it's end...at least of my ownership, ..after an accident, another right off sad to say. During my ownership I did do some work on it. SRT-10 frontend and hood, Mopar CAI, Hotchkiss over size sway bars front and rear, MBRP exhaust, TTI long tube headers and duel magna flow cats, SRT-10 22' wheels and 305/40 x22 Yokahama Prada Spex tires, Bell tech lowering shackles in the rear only. Great truck. I put 127,000kms on it.

With the loss of the 03 I picked up the new 2018 Hydro-Blue Sport Crew Cab in Jan. I've been telling myself that I'm gonna leave it alone, but have already done a couple things to in a small way. Leer 550 hard tonneau cover color matched, ERG front hood deflector and Weather Tech floor mats, MGP caliper covers.
I've still go t he old SRT-10 wheels from the 03 but don't think they work very well with the new color and blacked out trim of the new truck, so I'm sort of shopping around for wheels and tires. Word on the street is the OEM Goodyear Wrangler SR's are next to junk and wear rather quickly. I'm thinking I could get a few winters out of them if I've got a set of summer wheels to switch them out with. Current miles on the new machines is just coming up on 6000km's. I'll add a few pictures here when I get time.

Anyway..Hello everybody!

Tony

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum and thanks for the great story, Tony!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome

OP
OP
TigreST

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't seem to edit the first post so I'll try adding the pictures here.

T.

DSC09197.jpg

IMG_1342.JPG

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Good lookin' trucks!