Tinted Acoustic Windshield Glass... What exactly is this.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I understand the acoustic part of it but the tinted part is my question. Does the front windshield come with a UVA and UVB coating to block those rays? I hope so because I was going to get that done on my own. Reading through my equipment listing (using the VIN search) is says my truck has this. Thanks for any help.

Red

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
The film sandwiched between the two panes of glass do have some U.V. blocking abilities to save the dash, but not enough to provide any real comfort. When they say tinted, they are talking about the very slight green coloring on the glass.

RugbyRef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L H.O.
I wish I could do that here in Indiana, but the installers I spoke with said it is illegal in this state. And...no...I suck at installing tint, so I will not be doing it myself. I have a good pair of Maui Jim's in any case...

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The windshield tint I will have installed is a clear film that will block the UVA and UVB rays. Sometimes on the more expensive cars you will see a purplish hue when they are driving towards you, that is the film/tint. As a melanoma survivor this protects me while driving instead of using sunblock. It's a good thing!

Red

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93