TIPM Replaced and still having issues. Any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2008 Ram 3.7. AAMCO (yea my son took his truck there) told him he needed a new TIPM. I bought a refurbushed one and replaced it with no problem. NOw he is having the same problems (transmission staying in 3rd gear) and also random check engine light and radio went out once.

I did disconnect the battery and attempt the reprogram that way.

Any ideas?????? I must be missing something easy
Thanks

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I know weak batteries can cause crazy problems. Just an idea if the battery is more than a couple years old, I'd get that tested.

carpy1166

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just picked my 2012 up from the dealer I bought it from after they replaced the tipm. As I was driving it home, I noticed that the windshield wipers and electric seats weren't working. Once home, I opened the hood and the tipm looks as if it came out of a used or junked truck. While checking the fuses, I found that those 2 relays (seats and wipers) were not installed but some options that I dont have, had relays. I moved the relays to the correct location and now all service lights are back on. I'm taking the truck back tomorrow for them to fix it correctly. a3eab2b6a504cb2cafda3bd68c03fb6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk