Tire size change alfaOBD

Shawn Percifield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Multi Displacement VVT
2017 Ram 1500 I can’t get the faults to clear on the ABS Any advise? I have cleared them in ECU and Body control but ABS will not

Cummins3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone successfully followed the above instructions on a 2019 and up?? I did and still can't get lights and warnings to clear

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if people still use this thread, or know where else to post a question for tire size steps.
Just had a question on when you get to the abs section and have to read through the steps it says to do, are any rams equipped with g sensor or ESC?
Never heard anyone say they went and did those steps also when going through steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn’t think people looked in this thread anymore lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

czervika

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Necro reply,

Just tried to set the tire size on my 2016 to the new diameter. First one took fine but was slightly fast. Adjusting downward I ran in to the flashing lights, no 4wd, park sense off errors. After doing what is suggested in the instructions I gave up to go back to work. About 30 minutes later I went back out to try again, no errors at MAR, so I went for a ride, still slightly fast, so tried to adjust yet again. Back to the crazy lights and errors. Left it for another 30 minutes and went back, voila, no lights and the speedo reads right where I want it. Perhaps it's just a time delay thing.

Bill

rodent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just tried to change my tire size but it keeps showing this error about a write request and never takes the value. I'm using the suggested OBD2 to USB cable OBDLink EX. It works on other things like Keyfob and TPMS. Any ideas?

You must be registered for see images attach

rodent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just entered the circumference rather than the drop down.
I've tried both ways and neither works (one or the other, not both). Size I used was 2741. Never takes the value. I've triple checked the connection. Works fine with other things that can be programmed. I've even tried to slow down the connection speed with no luck.

I think I may get the BT module they suggest and see if that helps. Just curious if anyone else here has ran into this issue.

rodent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally got the tire size to take. Had to upgrade to the BT module. Looks like I'll be returning the USB cable AlfaOBD suggested (OBDlink EX) and keeping the BT module (OBDlink MX). Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Bbroj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just did my 2020 1500 Classic. A few things were different, Maybe I have a newer version of Alpha? Most notably, Ate/Continental was not an option under ABS. I used Bosch/Continental and it seems to have worked fine. No codes or lights after a brief test run. Speedo is within 1 or 2 mph of Waze or another route app at 60 mph. Close enough for me. Thanks!