Tires '18 3500 CC LB DRW Reommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Al Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Up until 2019 Wife and I have towed our 17k 5th wheel across and back the U.S. Last year at 32k replaced the front Nexens due to tread separation. Back were okay. Put Cooper's on the front and was satisfied. But without towing, and at 44k, the Coopers need replacing already. Always a good tire in the past. Rears need replacing too. Garage recommended Hankook Dynapro same size, load E. I was considering the Nexens. They seem to have the same or better reviews thank the Hankooks. Until that front tread seperation I was happy with the tire. Haven't towed in 2 years, except for local for repairs of trailer, have no intentions to tow. We're parked and living in the fiver. So, looking for a decent tire. The only thing in my bed is the hitch and a couple generators - small Honda's. I don't think I need an E tire. I plan on selling the truck and trailer within the next 6 months - it'll be listed next month - if anyone interested. Don't know if I need aggresive tread would be necessary. We're rural, in Florida, very little city driving.

Thanks in Advance

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I put Firestone XT's on my dually. 235/80R17's are going to be E rated for that size tire.

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Kumho Crugen HT51 has good reviews on Tirerack. Sounds like you're trying to be thrifty and they're in the same price as the ones you mentioned. When I was a tire chucker years ago, Firestone Transforce were some of the best tires for HD trucks. I've run FS tires on several vehicles over the years and never had any issues. Currently have FS Destination AT2s on my 1500.