Top of dash storage bin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljrome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the idea of sunglasses, but wouldn’t they get hot from the sun? Put them on and burn your face, lol I live in Texas where it is smoldering hot

I keep my sunglasses there too. When I get in the truck in the summer, I hold my sunglasses in front of the AC vent for a minute before putting them on and I am good. They do get hot but the AC fixes that quickly. They fit perfectly there.

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't keep a pen in my Truck. In Arizona it either dries out before I need it or the ink boils out an has to be cleaned up. I do keep a mechanical pencil for writing in the log book. Never needs priming and won't leak..
I do however like the Monkey idea....LOL

Goose_1327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I keep my sunglasses there along with a razor blade for the odd scenario that I’m not carrying a knife! Never had a problem with my sunglasses getting to hot or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually, I have a Tasmanian Devil hanging from the mirror and Taz's feet are in that bin, ....:signs8:

Last edited:

mdbeck1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Fisher space pen (https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Space...5083&sr=8-13&keywords=fisher+space+pen+bullet) and put my sunglasses there. They both go sailing across the dash from time to time and I say a couple four letter words but they both end up there again.

...and I expect at deer season the clip to my Winchester M88 will be sitting there. it's about the right size.

For those of you that put your phones there can I suggest a Steelie mount? I've got two on my dash and they work great.
https://www.amazon.com/Nite-Ize-Ori...0225271&sr=8-2&keywords=steelie+car+mount+kit

Wornslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also keep my sunglasses in mine. They did slide around a little so I cut a piece of drawer liner, black, the kind you line a tool box with. Works great!

spdglez78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shoot I'm sitting in my truck thinking I'm going to get my Ram Decal for this cubby, and it hits me too bad I have a "Dodge" and I don't think it'll look as nice. Anyone wonna switch cubbies :) ?

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sunglasses. I live in Upstate NY, hot sunshine is not a concern.
(Yes, I know that seems ironic. )

slam 425

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 e-torque
I also keep pens in there but I cut a little piece of that rubber cabinet shelf lining to size and it keeps the pens from flying out every time a make a turn

Marine Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2018
Engine
5.9 cummins/3.6 Pentastar
I also keep my sunglasses in mine. They did slide around a little so I cut a piece of drawer liner, black, the kind you line a tool box with. Works great!
Ditto, I was about to post this when I saw yours, works good.

Stewart

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I keep a small pocket sized flashlight there. I have not had any issues with moving around.