Tow mirror capatability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin dredge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I have a 2000 dodge 2500. I just have regular powered mirrors. I'm looking into putting some tow mirrors on and just have a few questions.

1st: how capatable are tow mirrors across the generations? I saw a video of a dude who put 4th gen mirrors on his 2nd gen, and it seemed to go smoothly and he didn't have to do anything special. Are all generation mirrors 2nd and newer interchangeable? And does that capatability go for the wiring as well as the physical fit?

2nd: I'm sure I can figure this out by opening mine up and looking at it, but maybe you can save me the hassle. My mirrors are powered, but don't have blinkers. If I bought tow mirrors that have blinkers, would it be as easy as just plugging it in to the same connection? Or would I have to get a new connection or run more wires?

3rd: give me a little insight on what type of mirrors to buy. Are there some that are higher quality? Are there different brands? Or are all of them the exact same thing just sold by different people. I assume there has to be a difference in quality, because I've seen them range from 400 to 200. And some have a brand name attached, and some don't.

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex
I'd be interested in an answer to that myself for my truck.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I bought mine from 1Aauto. They are exactly like the factory ones on my 2003 and they plugged right into the factory harness for heat and power adjustment.

Ordered the ones for 99 Ram 2500 and installed them by myself in about 45 mins.

Been on the truck for a few years and look in better shape than my 03 and my 15.

Look much better and are great both extended for towing and regular around town. The blind spot is very helpful also.

Make sure the one you get has the reinforcement plate.

I think for both it was 179 on sale.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio