Tow Mirrors to Non tow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am thinking of swapping my tow mirrors on my 1500 with someone how has the normal mirrors, however they are power folding.

Has anyone done this and can I buy a new switch and a harness to make this work on my truck?

I'd love power folding mirror.

My truck did have them listed on window sticker, but says upgrade to two.. so wondering if my truck is pre-wired for non tow power folding?!

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you want normal mirrors I'll trade you. I have regular power non folding ones.

If you want powerfold you'll need different ones than what I have. Check out the Alfa thread, there are a few posts about what you need. And since you're local to me, I'd be happy to let you use my alfa and obd interface to activate them.

OP
OP
17CrewCab1500

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where you located?
If you want normal mirrors I'll trade you. I have regular power non folding ones.

If you want powerfold you'll need different ones than what I have. Check out the Alfa thread, there are a few posts about what you need. And since you're local to me, I'd be happy to let you use my alfa and obd interface to activate them.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have power folding regular and want the power folding tow mirrors. In SoCal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP - if you already have power folding mirrors, all you need to do is just swap them for the regular mirrors that also have the power folding option. If you do not already have powerfold then you'll need new door modules and have the dealer flash your computer. Your original post was a bit confusing, at least to me lol

OP
OP
17CrewCab1500

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP - if you already have power folding mirrors, all you need to do is just swap them for the regular mirrors that also have the power folding option. If you do not already have powerfold then you'll need new door modules and have the dealer flash your computer. Your original post was a bit confusing, at least to me lol

Yeah, Sorry about that and thank you for the info.

I have tow mirrors, they are power as they can adjust - but they are NOT power folding mirrors.
The person that wants to trade with me has the sport mirrors, that are power and are power folding.

When I got my truck I noticed on the window sticker it says power folding mirrors.. I thought oh cool!! I didn't notice that. Went out there and I didn't have the button to fold them. When I called the dealer they said it was a standard option - however the upgraded to tow mirrors... but those weren't power folding. Which I thought was odd cause they do make them..

But yeah someone wanted to trade me here local due to an add I have here on Craigslist. I said $50 and we'll make it happen.

CUBS_WIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have normal power mirrors I will trade you. All power and puddle lights and turn signals and defrost. Let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
17CrewCab1500

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have normal power mirrors I will trade you. All power and puddle lights and turn signals and defrost. Let me know

Are you in AZ or IL? Haha

CUBS_WIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ohio here..lol

CUBS_WIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know you said you your truck doesn’t have power folding mirrors but are your mirrors equipped for power folding?

OP
OP
17CrewCab1500

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know you said you your truck doesn’t have power folding mirrors but are your mirrors equipped for power folding?

This I don't know. Way to tell? I'm going to assume they wouldn't make two 4 types of mirrors..... But I don't know that for sure.

CUBS_WIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I knew they were setup for power folding I would trade you for sure...lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members