TOW MIRRORS!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DEVON HANDY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 19 classic has stock manual folding mirrors with power adjusting and heated but no turn signals and no puddle lights, I want to upgrade to the manual folding tow mirrors with the same features as my current mirrors. Any information on how to program the mirrors so the turn signals and puddle lights work?

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L
I believe, in order to turn on the features once you have the right set of mirrors, the puddle lights and turn signals will work as desired

Ram1958

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed a set from a 2012 into my 19 classic. (Dealer said cant be done) Anyway I did it. Took Temp sensor out of my OEM Mirror and put in tow mirror( drilled a hole next to puddle light) for sensor tip to stick out. First, disconnect battery.Then remove sensor cover from original mirror and cut wires a couple inches back from plug as you will have to add extra wire for hook up. Install tow mirrors and stick sensor in from from inside of door. drill hole in arm so sensor tip sticks out. The black plug on tow mirrors is where you will be tapping into. Add about 18 inches to wires. White wire will go into bottom left hole on plug and black taps into black( this is the two that are together). This is the tricky part. you will only want to make a slice into one wire cover so that you can tap into. Re connect battery and start truck. wait for temp reading. To verify proper wire, turn on heated mirror. If temp reading stays the same your good to go. If it starts dropping colder then you have to tap into the other black wire( yep confusing). Temperature ground and heat ground share same plug terminal. Its the resistance that's different. No need to have it flashed unless you want puddle lights working. 2018 and up has to be dealer because of Secure Gateway Module. (SGM).

temp plug.jpg

99crab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 19 2500 tradesman with standard mirrors. Part of the deal when I bought the truck was to put tow mirrors on it. That was in September. They are saying that something with the wiring is different and now it will be June before I get my mirrors. Supposed to be on backorder.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I was trying to get a set from a dealer for my 2018. Back in early August they told me they were backordered until November then when November came they said they were backordered until at least March. I got mine through 1A Auto