Tow Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
Where can I find a set of these?? I really want a set but dont want to get ***** by the dealership.. HELP PLEASE!

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Kool View are good after market ones.

Other than that join a hevy duty dodge truck forum and wait for them to pop up in the classifieds. They are on there everyday

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
sometimes they come up on craigslist or you can check with our vendors here as some of them carry them too

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm gonna be ordering mine from 1a auto. About $245 for the set for yours

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
The thing about non-oem tow mirrors, is that the glass part is acually plastic. So the mirrors will really vibrate at hwy speeds or if your jamming to some music. If its just for looks the koolview or 1a auto should be fine, I had some on my previous truck.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
ebay, classifieds, craigslist, online. They are there, but you have to be willing to pay, you would be real lucky to find them cheap.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Try to get it from someone local who is selling a 3/4 or 1 ton with them all ready on there. I got mine for 50 bucks from selling who was selling their truck

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Ive seen some complaints about non mopar tow mirrors vibrating a ton. So When I had to replace the passenger side one I checked ebay under "mopar power heated tow mirrors". Dont recall what I paid but I dident think it was too bad. They are very much worth the price either way.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ive seen some complaints about non mopar tow mirrors vibrating a ton. So When I had to replace the passenger side one I checked ebay under "mopar power heated tow mirrors". Dont recall what I paid but I dident think it was too bad. They are very much worth the price either way.

i have heard the same thing thats why i took them off a 2500 just to make sure

RareTA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm on my second set of them without a single issue. I put them on my old 98 Ram and now on the 03. I don't off read if that makes a differance. I pull my 24 foot enclosed trailer loaded with my T/A. like I said I haven't had any vibration issues with either of my setups.

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^ Thanks for that ebay link. I've been looking at towing mirrors, but there's no way I'm going to pay for mopar ones.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The thing about non-oem tow mirrors, is that the glass part is acually plastic. So the mirrors will really vibrate at hwy speeds or if your jamming to some music. If its just for looks the koolview or 1a auto should be fine, I had some on my previous truck.

I thought the 1a auto ones were factory ones? So they're aftermarket?

WV Cummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I can confirm the vibration problem if they are not OEM from a dealership.I have went threw 3 tow mirrors that was not oem,I got them online at a parts store because I thought hey they are way cheaper then the dealer wants.I finally took them off and got a set from the dealer and now have no problems.It may only be a diesel thing and you gas guys might be fine with a mirror from an online parts store.But I have had problems!!

OP
OP
huntram03

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
Thanks guys! Hopefully soon I will have a set on the truck! I do like the looks of them but I would like to see around the boat better...

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I can confirm the vibration problem if they are not OEM from a dealership.I have went threw 3 tow mirrors that was not oem,I got them online at a parts store because I thought hey they are way cheaper then the dealer wants.I finally took them off and got a set from the dealer and now have no problems.It may only be a diesel thing and you gas guys might be fine with a mirror from an online parts store.But I have had problems!!

From what ive read highway speeds will shake them due to the wind so much they are unusable. I cant imagine that on the highway the engine would make any difference.

RareTA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was just out on the interstate and doing 75MPH and the mirrors were rock solid.

WV Cummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
From what ive read highway speeds will shake them due to the wind so much they are unusable. I cant imagine that on the highway the engine would make any difference.

My OEM ones from the dealer never shake,The mirrors I got online would shack non stop no matter what speed.I am going to be selling my OEM dealer one's if someone is interested let me know,I have something else I want to try.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
My OEM ones from the dealer never shake,The mirrors I got online would shack non stop no matter what speed.I am going to be selling my OEM dealer one's if someone is interested let me know,I have something else I want to try.

yeah when it comes to tow mirrors I dident even want to waste any possible time or money so I wont buy anything but mopar(for tow mirrors).

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I know on a diesel itll be alot worse just because of the vibrations it produces that a gasser won't. But I say from experience that anything, but mopar will be useless at hwy speeds.