Tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midgetviking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got aftermarket mirrors for my truck and the signals/puddles lights do not work. What do I need to do to get them to work?

OP
OP
M

Midgetviking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They were brand new out of the box. My OEM mirrors did not have the turn signals on them but have the fuses for the turn signals to work in my fuse box.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
They were brand new out of the box. My OEM mirrors did not have the turn signals on them but have the fuses for the turn signals to work in my fuse box.

My be with while Checking, the connections are correct. Ie; the correct terminal on each door was selected.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
the mirrors should have come with some kind of instructions

It may be that door modules are different than oem ??

image is just a stock photo

1691471667929.png

1691471887316.png

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You need to activate the feature in the bcm, either using Alfaobd or have the dealer do it.

There’s plenty of info about Alfaobd if you search it up on here, cost about $150 or less to set up with the app and an OBDlink MX+ and you can do endless amounts of stuff with it. The OBDlink MX+ itself is a great code reader you can use on any brand of car as well.

Or if you have more time then money, they can be hard wired by running a wire from the fuse box and through the engine bay, firewall, dash and door grommets to each mirror. I did that on mine because I wanted the lights solid on as running lights to match my clearance lights. That was a lot of effort lol.

Trak4man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 ,2012
Engine
You need to activate the feature in the bcm, either using Alfaobd or have the dealer do it.

There’s plenty of info about Alfaobd if you search it up on here, cost about $150 or less to set up with the app and an OBDlink MX+ and you can do endless amounts of stuff with it. The OBDlink MX+ itself is a great code reader you can use on any brand of car as well.

Or if you have more time then money, they can be hard wired by running a wire from the fuse box and through the engine bay, firewall, dash and door grommets to each mirror. I did that on mine because I wanted the lights solid on as running lights to match my clearance lights. That was a lot of effort lol.
Thinking I'll hardwire my aftermarket lilted tow mirrors searching for plug /pigtail now , any ideas ?? checking with seller now .

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thinking I'll hardwire my aftermarket lilted tow mirrors searching for plug /pigtail now , any ideas ?? checking with seller now .
Find the pin diagrams for your truck (you can use this site http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm) and use that to determine which pin on the mirror connector is for the signal lights. Then cut that wire on the mirror side of the connector and run your wire to that. You only need a positive wire to each mirror.

As far as the wire you need to tap into at the fuse box, I already had it tapped for clearance lights so I just tapped into my clearance light wire. You might be able to find the mopar clearance light instructions online and that will show you which wire to tap based off your year and model.