Traction Control Light 2015 Ram 3500 Tradesman 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just checking to see if anyone has had the traction control light come on and what section in the Alfa OBD2 do I check for the code because I've checked in places but don't know where to check for the code! The light is on and I've been told that the module needs to be changed because in this year make and model, that's the only thing that you can do to it because everything is in the module........any help would be most appreciated!!!

Attachments

• 20230512_152343.jpg
    20230512_152343.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 6

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any codes should be in the ABS module or section, though I would check the engine codes also. Just as a note to other people a lot of the cheapo' code readers do not look in the ABS/brake module, and from my experience most of the chain autoparts stores that offer free code reading can not see ABS codes either. I would be surprised if you got all those lights on and not have some sort of code somewhere in the system.
I don't recommend just replacing parts completely blind and hoping you get lucky without at least some basic diagnostics. Sure, it could be the ABS module but that is a pretty jump to go straight to replacing it.

Last edited:

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stability/traction control is pretty picky about wheel speed and steering angle sensors. AlfaOBD should be able to dig up some error somewhere, look at engine, ABS and maybe the other modules.

Edit: Also try to graph all 4 wheel speed sensors to see if they are reading very similar speed. If one is out of whack it will disable traction control, on some other brands it will even cut power thinking a wheel is spinning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One other thing. The traction control light comes on and goes off when it wants to, leading me to believe that like the other gentleman said, it may be thinking a wheel is spinning or something. The module is doing its job, I think something is going on with one of the back wheel area where a wire is. Also this is another intermittent thing thats going on. its been about 9 months since the last time its done this but I keep getting the ambient temperature sensor failure code and thats making the engine light come on. The last time it did it, I figured it had something to do with the radio area because the radio would stay on and sometimes it would just black out and the screen would not come on and the front windows, left and right wouldnt roll up or down and all the codes for the turn signals and license plate light and all those codes would come up and say somethings not grounded or some crap so I pulled the radio out one day and moved the wires around and put it back and it quit. yesterday im getting the same engine light and same code, I forget the code lol but this probably has something to do with the wiring behind the radio housing area. gotta isolate those wires.
Just checking to see if anyone has had the traction control light come on and what section in the Alfa OBD2 do I check for the code because I've checked in places but don't know where to check for the code! The light is on and I've been told that the module needs to be changed because in this year make and model, that's the only thing that you can do to it because everything is in the module........any help would be most appreciated!!

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stability/traction control is pretty picky about wheel speed and steering angle sensors. AlfaOBD should be able to dig up some error somewhere, look at engine, ABS and maybe the other modules.

Edit: Also try to graph all 4 wheel speed sensors to see if they are reading very similar speed. If one is out of whack it will disable traction control, on some other brands it will even cut power thinking a wheel is spinning.
One other thing. The traction control light comes on and goes off when it wants to, leading me to believe that like what you said, it may be thinking a wheel is spinning or something. The module is doing its job, I think something is going on with one of the back wheel area where a wire is. Also this is another intermittent thing thats going on. its been about 9 months since the last time its done this but I keep getting the ambient temperature sensor failure code and thats making the engine light come on. The last time it did it, I figured it had something to do with the radio area because the radio would stay on and sometimes it would just black out and the screen would not come on and the front windows, left and right wouldnt roll up or down and all the codes for the turn signals and license plate light and all those codes would come up and say somethings not grounded or some crap so I pulled the radio out one day and moved the wires around and put it back and it quit. yesterday im getting the same engine light and same code, I forget the code lol but this probably has something to do with the wiring behind the radio housing area. gotta isolate those wires.