Transmission cooler line leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cruffleluficus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found a leak on one of my transmission cooler lines. It's leaking out of the quick connect where it's crimped to the hose. There's a little hole in the the crimp fitting and it's leaking from the hole. Don't even know why the hole is there. Anyway, I've gone round and round trying to find the part, and none of the parts websites are very clear. They seem to mostly point to the jumper between the cooler and the line I need. Anyone have a good part number for it? From what I've read too, I need some special tool to get the quick connect fitting apart.
I keep thinking too (maybe a plan B) about just cutting out the hose with a tubing cutter and replacing it with a piece of hose with hose clamps. What kind of pressure is on these lines?
I have a bandaid on it for now-a split piece of hose with a couple clamps over the leak-and it seems to be holding ok for now, but I know better than to trust it too far.

2011 Ram 2500 4x4 Hemi Crew

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
No special tool is required (although I suppose it would be helpful), but it is basically just a C-clip holding the connector together. You can push it off with a screw driver, and then carefully get it back on in a similar fashion.

Check out the links here:

http://www.ramforum.com/f53/online_parts_fiche_catalog_drawing-56792/

They are for fender parts I think, but they get you to a pretty good catalog with pictures, etc.

akvanden

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Laramie 1500 4WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me know what you find, I have the same issue with a leaky line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357