Transmission Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dropped it off again. HAHA what a joke. They truly just don't care.

Sad since my Dad is/has 37 years at Jeep and has been on the JL program in Toledo. I grew up on Willys on the original plant. I thought about switching today because of this service. But I'll drive 8 miles to the other dealership that's been good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked up the truck Friday from the 3rd service attempt.

Replace Transmission pan and top fluids (same as 1st trip).

Went on my camping trip this weekend. Could tell within 5 miles it's still leaking.

Service appt #4 is on Wednesday. I drop it off right after my dentist appointment to have my wisdom teeth pulled. If you can't tell this is an exciting week!

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just picked the truck up for the 4th time. This time they had it since Wednesday night and claim itwas a transmission cooler o-ring and fluid top.

Also picked the truck up completely filthy, all windows/seats completely readjusted, about 20 more miles on the ODO, and an empty tank of gas.

Last edited:

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hear you quick. When I bought my truck last year the salesmen and I were sitting in the vehicle checking things out and getting ready for my 4th test drive. Then bam outta nowhere a lady backs into my truck and drives away. We get out to look at the damage to find out her bumper hit just the rubber on the rear passenger tire and nothing else. I said well it looks like this truck has been in an accident now, how much off the price? :happy107:
I'd have gotten her license no. and contacted the police, would have gotten the price of a new tire and rim plus labor and would have bought some nice accessories for that truck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just picked the truck up for the 4th time. This time they had it since Wednesday night and claim itwas a transmission cooler o-ring and fluid top.

Also picked the truck up completely filthy, all windows/seats completely readjusted, about 20 more miles on the ODO, and an empty tank of gas.
A service manager needs his ass kicked!

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A service manager needs his ass kicked!

I couldn't agree more. I almost felt offended the way they treated me there. This one is literally 1/2 mile from my house but in the future I'm going to drive 9 miles to another one I had better luck previously.

On a side note, coincidentally I have ZERO footage from my dash cam from after I pulled in the service bay to drop it off the 4th time. They either deliberately or accidentally unplugged my dash cam. The next footage was when I plugged it back in all the way when picking it up.

I'm still testing for leaks. I've wiped and degreased it really well yesterday then sprayed it off at the car wash. It was spotless. I still think it's slightly leaking as I get it completely bone dry and a couple days later there's a slight film of oil on the pan. I will find out very soon when I get under there again.

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I couldn't agree more. I almost felt offended the way they treated me there. This one is literally 1/2 mile from my house but in the future I'm going to drive 9 miles to another one I had better luck previously.

On a side note, coincidentally I have ZERO footage from my dash cam from after I pulled in the service bay to drop it off the 4th time. They either deliberately or accidentally unplugged my dash cam. The next footage was when I plugged it back in all the way when picking it up.

I'm still testing for leaks. I've wiped and degreased it really well yesterday then sprayed it off at the car wash. It was spotless. I still think it's slightly leaking as I get it completely bone dry and a couple days later there's a slight film of oil on the pan. I will find out very soon when I get under there again.
I drive cars for the dealership I bought my truck from, I've bought many cars off of them, so they treat me really nice. Very trustworthy dealer.

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just went out and it's still leaking.

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could the casing have a slight crack in it?

My Dad has 37 years at Jeep and I just talked to him and that is exactly his belief.

**edit**

Last edited:
OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I talked to the service director a few moments ago. I'm bringing it back tonight for repair attempt #5. They used dye last time but they are going to use dye again to try and find the leak. If the casing is cracked they'll do a brand new transmission.

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
5th service in under 12 months of ownership complete.

5th service was replace leaking transmission cooler (no fluid top)

Came back from NYE camping. STILL leaking LMAO.

So up to 6th major service attempt.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fck that, trade it in. Have you done the surveys?
I don’t know how they have been able to get away with not fixing the issue after 5 visits. After the third visit I would of said done.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Lemon Law it. Tell the dealer you are done with it and wish to enact it. That you would prefer to not get lawyers involved but you will if needed. Also engage Ram and run that in parallel.

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea RAM care doesn't even want to touch me at this point. I'll call FCA directly.

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love watching the dashcam footage of the truck, literally, idling for 2 hours in their service bay then them driving it to Wendy's for lunch lol. What a joke.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love watching the dashcam footage of the truck, literally, idling for 2 hours in their service bay then them driving it to Wendy's for lunch lol. What a joke.

You should upload that to YouTube then start posting links to it on the dealers, RAMs and FCAs twitter, facebook, etc.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's absolutely insane. A guy I work with has a 15 Ram 1500 and had to bring it back 6 times to the dealer because of a trans leak. They finally replaced the trans and claimed the case was defective. I've heard FCA can be a pain with big dollar warranty work...

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's absolutely insane. A guy I work with has a 15 Ram 1500 and had to bring it back 6 times to the dealer because of a trans leak. They finally replaced the trans and claimed the case was defective. I've heard FCA can be a pain with big dollar warranty work...

I called the dealership back today and left a message. I then called the 866-RAM-INFO number listed on the website. I spoke to someone who essentially called my dealer and got them on the phone for me to schedule an appointment. Not really what I was expecting at this point but I digress.

So I drop it off after work for service attempt #6.

9,051 miles on the ODO.

Last edited: