Truck is here. Awaiting pickup. Last minute advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM_CRNA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew
Engine
5.7l Hemi V8 MDS 4x4
Getting ready to pick up new 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew v8 3.92 short bed. Spray in liner,LSD. Protection pkg, tow pkg. park sense/assist. It was ordered with what I expect to be an out the door price of 45250 with 1000 deposit. Trying to get invoice price on chrome alum side steps as last minute add on. Debating on extending the warranty and what deductible to get. Any suggestions? Also, any last minute add ons I should consider? I can probably get invoice pricing and free install. Thanks all.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Getting ready to pick up new 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew v8 3.92 short bed. Spray in liner,LSD. Protection pkg, tow pkg. park sense/assist. It was ordered with what I expect to be an out the door price of 45250 with 1000 deposit. Trying to get invoice price on chrome alum side steps as last minute add on. Debating on extending the warranty and what deductible to get. Any suggestions? Also, any last minute add ons I should consider? I can probably get invoice pricing and free install. Thanks all.

ASk them for a Catch Can...

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I wouldnt get one of those warranties unless i was absolutely keeping the vehicle forever. Even then, i might not unless it was a crazy deal. As far as the truck, look it over fine tooth blah blah. I have read posts where beds have been off, doors not aligned etc. You get the picture.

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
Have your dealership, at least, match the extended warranties you can find online. There are lots of threads on here about where to find the best deals online (Ziegler, etc.) I plan on keeping my truck 10+ years, and with all the electronics in it, getting the lifetime extended warranty (with $100 deductible) was a no-brainer for me.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know you are worried about addons, but please, do yourself a favor and even before you deive away, take a walk around the truck and make sure everything looks great, inside and out.

Truck name: Rampage
2012 Dodge ram 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn 4x4
*Bilstein 2.8" front
*Bilstein shocks on rear with 1" spacer
*Pioneer AVH 4300DVD head unit
*Polk Audio Dxi350 dash speakers
*Kicker 40CSS654 6 1/2" door speakers (x4)
*fox box 2-12" speakers holder for rear seats
*2-12" alpine subs (swe -1243l
*500 watt alpine mono sub
*LED 3rd tail light smoked
*Spyder LED smokes tail lights
havent even started on the engine..lol

OP
OP
R

RAM_CRNA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi V8 MDS 4x4
Thanks for the input. I plan on doing a pretty thorough inspection when I get there. Eg check door seals and hinges. look under car/hood. Check engine fluids and connections. I will add the tailgate inspection as well. I plan on doing a modified moto man break in. Fill up with premium gas, No hard starts but lots of rolling full throttles with accompanying hard engine breaks for the first 20 miles. Easy on the hard braking the first 300 mi. All while keeping her under 65 mpg. I'll aim for an oil change after 300 miles then I should be good to go. I am set on at least getting the lifetime power train with zero deduct. (With zero deduct, I don't have to worry about crappy dealers who do incremental fixes). Wish me luck...

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Thanks for the input. I plan on doing a pretty thorough inspection when I get there. Eg check door seals and hinges. look under car/hood. Check engine fluids and connections. I will add the tailgate inspection as well. I plan on doing a modified moto man break in. Fill up with premium gas, No hard starts but lots of rolling full throttles with accompanying hard engine breaks for the first 20 miles. Easy on the hard braking the first 300 mi. All while keeping her under 65 mpg. I'll aim for an oil change after 300 miles then I should be good to go. I am set on at least getting the lifetime power train with zero deduct. (With zero deduct, I don't have to worry about crappy dealers who do incremental fixes). Wish me luck...

Oh I don't think you'll have a problem keeping it under 65 mpg ;) haha

One think I'd add to your list is go over the paint with a fine tooth comb! There could be a bubble in the clear coat or scratch that you'll want documented before you leave!

OP
OP
R

RAM_CRNA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi V8 MDS 4x4
Friggin autocorrect....this iPad has a mind of its own.... I guess if I put it on neutral and coasted down the Eisenhower I may get close. 65 mph is also a tall order. I'll probably be going 75 before I realize I'm going too fast. I just read the 87 vs 89 octane thread so I'll go with 89 at the bat instead of the 91. Minor in the grand scheme of things but what the heck.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
DON'T LET THEM DETAIL YOUR NEW TRUCK!!!! They will do more damage to the paint than you can ever dream of. Do it yourself.
Jay

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I told my dealer not to drill for the front plate but he stated new trucks use mounting clips that don't require drilling. Can anyone confirm?

OP
OP
R

RAM_CRNA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi V8 MDS 4x4
Got it yesterday..... See my new post.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
Check the tags on the rear end to make certain you got the right rear end ratios, and read all the paperwork to make certain they aren't sliding extra warranties through you didn't talk about.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Check the tags on the rear end to make certain you got the right rear end ratios, and read all the paperwork to make certain they aren't sliding extra warranties through you didn't talk about.

Any pics of this tag? Wanna make sure I get the 4.10 on mine when it gets here.Thanks