Truck to high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ebergm5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
This might sound strange to some, but I would like to drop my 2001 1500 down a bit, no air bags, not to the ground...it just sits to high from the factory. On the rear leaf springs, there is from the factory, about a 3" spacer, can this be removed without any issues? If so, how would I bring the front down a bit as well....just rtying to get it down a bit without major surgery, also rides like freight train, hoping lowering it a bit will help with that..it is a 4x4 if that matters. Any advice is appreciated....

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That block is actually for the bump stops. Can’t see any harm in removing it though except your bolts will be to long. The stiff ride is due to the upside down rear leaf hanger. There is a kit that flips it over and let’s the leaf spring flex properly but that’s chop work or you can get softer rear leaf springs. i think you can find shorter front coils too that are softer but you’ll need an alignment after. Might be a good idea to look into upgrading the steering linkage to the heavy duty setup to prevent bump steer from being lower than stock