Tuff Country Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dillon43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey guys, read alot of stuff on here that helped me make decisions with the truck, but for the first time I can't seem to find an answer that already on here.

I bought used and my 2013 1500 came with a 4" Tuff Country lift....and as you can probably guess, problems soon came. Long story short, the front differential and both front axles have to go. I've got a couple of options that I wanted to get your guys' opinions on.

Option 1: Find a front differential drop bracket sold outside of a lift kit so I can lower the axle angle and keep the Tuff Country in. The ride with the lift itself isn't bad at all. It just increases the angle of the axles so bad. I can't for the life of me find one though. Anyone know of a bracket sold by itself?

Option 2: Swap out the Tuff Country for a more reliable lift kit with a drop bracket built in and at the same time replace the front diff and axles.

Thanks all.

Also, for anyone who hasn't read brandonjansen's PSA on the Tuff Country lift...READ IT. I beat around the bush and left it in....now I'm looking at dumping some serious cash as a result

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Post pics of you CV angles.

I would buy a Zone or BDS 4” kit and be done with it.

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, read alot of stuff on here that helped me make decisions with the truck, but for the first time I can't seem to find an answer that already on here.

I bought used and my 2013 1500 came with a 4" Tuff Country lift....and as you can probably guess, problems soon came. Long story short, the front differential and both front axles have to go. I've got a couple of options that I wanted to get your guys' opinions on.

Option 1: Find a front differential drop bracket sold outside of a lift kit so I can lower the axle angle and keep the Tuff Country in. The ride with the lift itself isn't bad at all. It just increases the angle of the axles so bad. I can't for the life of me find one though. Anyone know of a bracket sold by itself?

Option 2: Swap out the Tuff Country for a more reliable lift kit with a drop bracket built in and at the same time replace the front diff and axles.

Thanks all.

Also, for anyone who hasn't read brandonjansen's PSA on the Tuff Country lift...READ IT. I beat around the bush and left it in....now I'm looking at dumping some serious cash as a result

Zone has one. It is part of the D2300 Kit. A guy on here bought just the Kit for like $165
Heres a link to the whole kit instructions:
https://www.carid.com/images/zone-offroad/items/pdf/zond2300-installation-instructions.pdf

OP
OP
Dillon43

Dillon43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Some context for the angles.

full
full
full

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@Dillon43 that’s pretty close to its limit and I think it’s safe to say you are going to wear your half shafts out prematurely.
Quite impressive though

You’re gonna need spindles too. You tie rods are screaming too.