Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lmillerwp3790

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l cummins
Just bought an 03 5.9. Just looking for a bit more power nothing crazy. The guy i bought it from has a smarty ssr. Idk enough about them to feel comfortable using it. Any good tunes or tuners preferred?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just bought an 03 5.9. Just looking for a bit more power nothing crazy. The guy i bought it from has a smarty ssr. Idk enough about them to feel comfortable using it. Any good tunes or tuners preferred?
The smarty works just fine. Start out on the lowest power setting and go for a drive. You will enjoy it. When I used handheld tunersvfor my Cummins powered truck I ran on performance or the highest setting all of the time but if you don't know what your boost and EGT's are at then it is not a good idea.

You can run on the highest setting without gauges but towing heavy and full throttle is a poor idea too. Just know that fuel creates heat and that heat has to go somewhere.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45