Turn signal fluctuates ambient air temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRod302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 ho
Every time I turn on my turn signal the ambient air temp overhead display fluctuates from -10 to like 50. Soon as I turn off my turn signal it’s fine. Tried a new sensor since I had one available and didn’t do anything. Would this be a TIPM problem, or something else you guys might think of? Thanks
2008 dodge ram 1500 QC 4.7L

Davood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 4x4
Any respnse to this post??, where is your temp sensor located? in the 4th gen it is supposed to be in the in the driver's rearview

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Any respnse to this post??, where is your temp sensor located? in the 4th gen it is supposed to be in the in the driver's rearview
The temp sensor is behind the grille. The readout is in the overhead console (in 3rd gens).
Every time I turn on my turn signal the ambient air temp overhead display fluctuates from -10 to like 50. Soon as I turn off my turn signal it’s fine. Tried a new sensor since I had one available and didn’t do anything. Would this be a TIPM problem, or something else you guys might think of? Thanks
2008 dodge ram 1500 QC 4.7L
Is it both blinkers or just the driver's side?

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Probably a bad ground somewhere that causes the blinker to change the ground potential seen by the temperature circuit ever so slightly.

On the same theory if the blinkers share a 12v source with the temperature circuit a weak or corroded connection could produce a voltage drop.

If I were diagnosing it I’d start with a review of the schematics for any common connection points and see what the specs are for the sensor circuit and go from there. It’ll take a good tech and a more than a little effort to find it probably.