Two things - Multifinction tailgate rainwater and bed divider (2023 limited with 6' bed and soft tonneau cover).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rambuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
So any suggestions from anyone? Noticed my truck bed had a bit of water intrusion through MFD - I can see inside of the truck bed from the outside when it is closed and the factory installed tonneau cover is secured. Not a big hole but big enough to let a bit of water in when driving in the rain. Second thing is looking for a bed divider, but not sure if the Mopar brand will function with the tie down option that was part of the Limited package. So any words of wisdom appreciated.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For OEM divider contact Benny in vendor section at All Mopar Parts, may be able to help clarify use with tie downs. B

Deercamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Re: Water in bed, on my ‘24 Bigfoot quad cab bed, the two front stake pockets are covered; the two rear pockets are open, allowing rain and car wash water to enter the bed. I sealed the rear pockets with some left over black Flex Seal tape. However there are Chinese made plastic snap covers for about $10 that seal the rear pockets. (Don’t understand why Stellantis left rear pockets open, probably would have cost them less than a dollar per truck to seal them.)

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Re: Water in bed, on my ‘24 Bigfoot quad cab bed, the two front stake pockets are covered; the two rear pockets are open, allowing rain and car wash water to enter the bed. I sealed the rear pockets with some left over black Flex Seal tape. However there are Chinese made plastic snap covers for about $10 that seal the rear pockets. (Don’t understand why Stellantis left rear pockets open, probably would have cost them less than a dollar per truck to seal them.)

Any chance the rear covers were not installed by the service department employee that did the pre-delivery inspection and preparation for your vehicle?

Deercamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The fact that the internet offers several vendors offering covers for only the rear pockets suggests that this is normal. It does not make any sense that Ram only covers the front pockets, unless i am missing something. I suspect that only a small percentage of Ram owners use the stake pockets, so it would make sense for Stellantis to include removable plastic covers for all 4 pockets.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
No idea why, but that's normal. Front stake pockets are covered, rears are open. Unless you have the rambox option, which has no stake pockets.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The tailgates on these trucks, regardless if it is multifunction or not, are nowhere even close to being sealed from rain water. You have to install a seal kit for that.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So any suggestions from anyone? Noticed my truck bed had a bit of water intrusion through MFD - I can see inside of the truck bed from the outside when it is closed and the factory installed tonneau cover is secured. Not a big hole but big enough to let a bit of water in when driving in the rain. Second thing is looking for a bed divider, but not sure if the Mopar brand will function with the tie down option that was part of the Limited package. So any words of wisdom appreciated.
I have a 2019 short box with trifold hard cover on it ! the two front steak holes covered and two rear were open i to was getting water in not much but some ! so i purchased a set of two pocket covers that pop in the rear steak holes off of amazon for like 15 or 20 bucks CDN ! and picked up some rubber plugs to put in the holes in the steak pockets on the inside of box to seal it up no more water and dust in box ! cheap and no metal or paint damage to vehicle non evasive cheap and easy to do!