TxReaperman '16 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxReaperman86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought my first 4x4 last august. I have been trying to get it just right. 2016 Ram 1500 Tradesman
  • Started with the Raptor style grille with the amber leds, also upgraded the bulbs in the headlights to ultra whites
  • Then moved in with the 4" BDS suspension with fox shock upgrade
  • 20 x 10 Fuel Triton wheels
  • 35 x 11.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
  • Just installed new Kicker cs 6.5" 2 ways up front and 6x9" 3 ways in the rear
  • I have an Orion sub I have been rocking for quite a while now that I am going to try to put in tomorrow with a Rockford Fosgate amp. Using the Scoche LOC with knob.
  • And added a car seat at the beginning of the month.
  • S&B Intake
  • Edge Pulsar new night lights pic.jpg 20171209_103017.jpg 20180601_195007.jpg

View attachment 135654

Last edited:
OP
OP
TxReaperman86

TxReaperman86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Speaker upgrade with kilmat. I did not do the sound deadener to quiet the ride so much as to stop vibrations from the speakers and going over bumps. If you notice I tried to put it in big open areas that catch the sound as well as around the edge of the door panel. I might go back when it cools off and pull the windows out and completely do the doors

20180720_191119.jpg

20180729_082428.jpg

20180729_082437.jpg

20180729_083159.jpg

20180729_102148.jpg

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
nice to see a build thread my dude! truck is so sick. love your progress so far.

i did sound deadener ALL over my doors, and on the back wall. did it make a difference on the inside of your door panel plastics? that's a solid idea i hadn't thought of.

congrats on the little one btw!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome. coming together nicely. Let us know if we can help with your build. We offer discounts to all the members here and we Got Everything at Got Exhaust.

OP
OP
TxReaperman86

TxReaperman86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
nice to see a build thread my dude! truck is so sick. love your progress so far.

i did sound deadener ALL over my doors, and on the back wall. did it make a difference on the inside of your door panel plastics? that's a solid idea i hadn't thought of.

congrats on the little one btw!
Thank you! It made a pretty significant difference. Funny thing is now that I got those done I am finding more plastic that rattles like the panel between the front door and the back. It took me around 4 hours to do what I did and when it hit 100 degrees I finished the last door and was done. I plan to do the rest of the door shells, floor, firewall and the back wall. Hopefully that will get rid of the the tire hum from the 35s.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you! It made a pretty significant difference. Funny thing is now that I got those done I am finding more plastic that rattles like the panel between the front door and the back. It took me around 4 hours to do what I did and when it hit 100 degrees I finished the last door and was done. I plan to do the rest of the door shells, floor, firewall and the back wall. Hopefully that will get rid of the the tire hum from the 35s.

Very nice. I'm going to pull my door panels and deaden them like you did. I still have to do the basin underneath the carpet where my sub is. I eventually intend to do the entire floor, I added some on the front seat driver and passenger floorboards. Overall it was a huge change when i did just those areas

OP
OP
TxReaperman86

TxReaperman86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 10" I need to install, when I run the wires I might throw some in because it will be easy to get to. I need to order another box of the kilmat. Do you like your airlift? I am in construction so I bought the drop hitch and all but I am thinking about adding that because it still doesn't completely do the job and I think it would take some of the shock out of some of the equipment I pull when I hit bumps and stuff.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 10" I need to install, when I run the wires I might throw some in because it will be easy to get to. I need to order another box of the kilmat. Do you like your airlift? I am in construction so I bought the drop hitch and all but I am thinking about adding that because it still doesn't completely do the job and I think it would take some of the shock out of some of the equipment I pull when I hit bumps and stuff.

I love my airlift setup. my truck is lowered, so I consider them an essential part for towing. they do a fantastic job at taking the porpoising out of the truck when towing. I have the wireless one air compressor too, so I can add and remove air on the fly. that was probably the best investment I made. as far as the 1000 bags go, I have had two 4th gens and it was one of the first mods I did for both.

when i’m on the highway, I put about 15lbs in the bags to firm it up and it makes bumps and potholes a little less noticeable. when i’m in the city, I drop to 7lbs and the rear softens and floats better.

I also have a bigger rear sway bar set to the firmest setting, and it did a whole bunch of good for reducing body roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk