Uconnect: Incoming call but phone was not ringing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
2016 Uconnect 8.4.

Had a weird thing happen today. Was at a stop light, radio starts ringing for a incoming call. It says private number so I don't answer but I look down at my actual phone and there is no call coming in? No missed call, no record of a call, nothing. It was almost like someone else's phone was connected to the radio? Wish I would have tried to answer it now just to see but if I don't recognize the number I won't pick up.

Has anyone else had this happen? Not a big deal but just weird?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Do you pay a monthly charge to have Uconnect Advantage or Sirius Guardian

or

Do you just have the free basic Uconnect, that does not have APPs ?

The reason that i ask is because If you do have the APPs, then you have a Sierra Air Card, which is a phone modem, it uses your Rams VIN # as a phone number.
It would be accessed by you through the Rear View Mirrors 911 or Assist Buttons
911 is of course the Emergency Number
Assist is a Ram Call Center in Auburn, Michigan

I would not have pushed the Answer Button either

Stephen LaMarr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This past weekend my car play has stopped working. My iPhone xr shows connected but will not access car play or my play list? I have switched cables, even deleted the phone and re-installed.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
2016 Uconnect 8.4.

Had a weird thing happen today. Was at a stop light, radio starts ringing for a incoming call. It says private number so I don't answer but I look down at my actual phone and there is no call coming in? No missed call, no record of a call, nothing. It was almost like someone else's phone was connected to the radio? Wish I would have tried to answer it now just to see but if I don't recognize the number I won't pick up.

Has anyone else had this happen? Not a big deal but just weird?

im-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens.jpg

OP
OP
mtnrider

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just figured it was Google spying on me again..... But I would prefer the Aliens!

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
This past weekend my car play has stopped working. My iPhone xr shows connected but will not access car play or my play list? I have switched cables, even deleted the phone and re-installed.

Sorry to hear that! Are you still having troubles connected your phone to your Uconnect system? Send us a private message if you need assistance.

Courtney
Ram Cares