Uncommon Parts to Buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryData

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys / Gals,

It's been a while since I've posted on here, and life has gotten a whole lot better for me. To sum it all up, lost my job, out of work for 3 months, got a new job, and life is peachy once again. I posted about buying a 3500, I've started down that road but hit a small snafu. My truck's value isn't worth squat anymore, so I've decided to fix everything that I can, visually and some upgrades. Then it's heading off to my Mom who'll use it for pulling a horse or two. But to the point of the topic.

I started searching through the websites of Vendors, and I keep getting sites that don't have the parts I'm looking for. My truck is listed below, and I'm looking for the odds and ends pieces that people don't usually buy. My center console cubby on my truck has a broken handle on the top half of it. If you open it, it flies backward and throws everything around in the back. I learned the hardware because I stored dog treats in there. DOH! My rear seat storage has a few broken latches on them too, along with some canopy issues, and more along those lines.

So my question is; can anyone recommend a "1 stop shop" I can get all these parts at? I'm used to shopping at lmctruck, because my brother has a 1996 Ford F-150, and we own a 1979 Ford F-150.

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L SLT

Things I'm looking for...

Center Console Cubby Handle
Rear Seat Storage Handles
Canopy Electrical/Lights
Canopy Screen replacements
LED Conversion Lights (Found this, but listing it)
Airbags for Hauling (My truck sags some massive a** with a single horse in the back, 2 horses and I'm riding like a lowrider) (I pulled 3 this weekend using a different hitch + sway bars (think that is accurate name)

Kernal Clink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
I think for most of that stuff I'd check scrap yards. The parts will be cheap because there is no demand for them commercially.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Timbren for the rear would be an economical fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BinaryData

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think for most of that stuff I'd check scrap yards. The parts will be cheap because there is no demand for them commercially.
I've looked at a few, but one of them wanted $35 for a used handle, that looked like someone took a weed whacker to it.
Timbren for the rear would be an economical fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks!

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Might check RockAuto? I've been able to find some "not well stocked" parts from there.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
There is a vendor on this forum that can help. His name is Benny with AllMoparParts.com . He's pretty good at finding what parts you need.

I would also suggest placing an add in the "want" section of this forum with what your looking for. Lots of hoarders (like me) on this forum with random parts for our trucks...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a vendor on this forum that can help. His name is Benny with AllMoparParts.com . He's pretty good at finding what parts you need.

I would also suggest placing an add in the "want" section of this forum with what your looking for. Lots of hoarders (like me) on this forum with random parts for our trucks...

Amen to this...while I've never used Benny before, I have seen his thread from time to time and the guy is nothing if not thorough! If, for some odd reason, he can't get it, he'll tell you upfront, so that's pretty cool.

Plus, the point about us being hoarders is absolutely correct; I still have new parts for a truck I owned three or four vehicles ago, plus tidbits from other cars lying around my garage. They need to go!

TXCOMT

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Amen to this...while I've never used Benny before, I have seen his thread from time to time and the guy is nothing if not thorough! If, for some odd reason, he can't get it, he'll tell you upfront, so that's pretty cool.

I'll put another vote in for Benny @AllMoparParts.com . I've made several purchases from them. The parts are new, the prices are about the best you'll find for new parts and the service is outstanding.

-K

OP
OP
B

BinaryData

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's what I'm looking for;

Edit: I may have the option to buy one from a member here. Waiting to hear from them. :)

20181030_170733.jpg
The handle is cracked, and now it won't shut, period. If I open the bottom half, it flies backwards, flinging everything in the top portion to the back. My unknowing family members found out what it's like to have dog treats catapulted at you.

This was the other piece, but for the underseat storage. $55 + S&H is a bit nuts for that piece.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-MO...ATCH-2009-2012-DODGE-RAM-TRUCKS-/231499404390

Last edited:

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I am looking for the lower latch-it wont open if I close it -so I took the spring out so I could still get access to the bottom bin. The upper latch is fine. I had to put weights in the upper bin to keep the whole thing from bouncing up and down. Dealership told me it is not a part I can purchase on its own-a whole new console would have to be purchased at a price north of $1,ooo bucks! And this with my extended warranty would not be covered. You can see on the latch where a small piece of plastic had snapped off-should have been made of metal anyway. Somewhere during the assembly of this console-that latch was a separate part and attached to the bin. Somewhere I am sure there are boxes of them waiting to be attached-by 3 screws.Dealership wont cover it even with my extended warranty which ends in January probably because of the ridiculous cost-and frankly I can see there point-but could they not perhaps have some better success than I, by hounding Chrysler to send a $10.oo piece of plastic that I know they must have in inventory by the thousands. My truck is 2012 bighorn and from what I have seen-they still use the same lower latches-atleast up until 2018..Perhaps RAMCARES could assist me or another member.. Sorry for the long script-I'm getting frustrated. Thanks guys!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I am looking for the lower latch-it wont open if I close it -so I took the spring out so I could still get access to the bottom bin. The upper latch is fine. I had to put weights in the upper bin to keep the whole thing from bouncing up and down. Dealership told me it is not a part I can purchase on its own-a whole new console would have to be purchased at a price north of $1,ooo bucks! And this with my extended warranty would not be covered. You can see on the latch where a small piece of plastic had snapped off-should have been made of metal anyway. Somewhere during the assembly of this console-that latch was a separate part and attached to the bin. Somewhere I am sure there are boxes of them waiting to be attached-by 3 screws.Dealership wont cover it even with my extended warranty which ends in January probably because of the ridiculous cost-and frankly I can see there point-but could they not perhaps have some better success than I, by hounding Chrysler to send a $10.oo piece of plastic that I know they must have in inventory by the thousands. My truck is 2012 bighorn and from what I have seen-they still use the same lower latches-atleast up until 2018..Perhaps RAMCARES could assist me or another member.. Sorry for the long script-I'm getting frustrated. Thanks guys!
What was their reason for not covering it under warranty?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I would recommend tufftruck springs for the sagging.

roaming gnome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have some firestone ride rite air bags I pulled from my 2012 if you're stil looking.just let me know if interested andi can send pictures.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sick Kneel Bend- the dealership said they would put in a request to Chrysler-that was 2 months ago- haven't heard back at all-probably because of cost of a new console plus labor-but these latches have to start somewhere as a separate item. Love my truck but this has left a sour taste in my mouth. RAMCARES-are you out there?

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Even if they could send me a new latch-I would happily install it myself-its only 3 little screws and your done- Thanks guys for any input.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sick Kneel Bend- the dealership said they would put in a request to Chrysler-that was 2 months ago- haven't heard back at all-probably because of cost of a new console plus labor-but these latches have to start somewhere as a separate item. Love my truck but this has left a sour taste in my mouth. RAMCARES-are you out there?
@Ramcares ...I think the "@" sign gives them a "mention" notification. They'll reply now.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
seriously- had no idea - see my situation ABOVE -I WOULD appreciate any assistance from you at @ramcares and thanks for the tip --Sit Kneel Bend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf