unknown wire connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wombat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was replacing the headlights on my 1998 1500 today. On the right side I noticed this plug laying there. As you can see in the picture, the wires are bound up with the headlight harness. Does anyone know what this is for? I tried searching, but couldn't find anything.

IMG_7638.jpegIMG_7639.jpeg

OP
OP
W

wombat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No fog lights. I was wondering about that myself. It's probably cheaper to make one wire harness than separate ones with/without different options like fog lights. I tried searching the web for fog light installs. All I could find were people replacing existing fogs. No-one showed adding them, except some generic installs that ran new wires. Maybe I'll try looking up an oem foglight kit and see if I can see what the wiring looks like.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
My guess would be fog lights as well. Look under your dash and you may find another connector that looks like that.
Have you put a meter on that connector?
Does it have Power ?
Now I have to look under the hood on my 2015 to see if i have a spare connector like your's lol

OP
OP
W

wombat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't done anything with it really, but notice that it was there. After some more internet searching I found a forum comment somewhere that said the Laramie SLT package did come prewired for fog lights. It sounds like that could be it. I found a number on the connector (52772), but it is apparently used for lots of different applications, so that wasn't a help. I also looked up oem fog light kits, but none of the plugs looked like this.

I've probably already spent too much time researching...but inquiring minds want to know! I was hoping someone recognized it. Thanks for all of your input.