Unlock Navigation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Olepainless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey everyone,

I have a 2014 ram with (I believe) the R3 radio? It does not have navigation but it can be unlocked for like $600 - which is just insane greed imo.

Is there a cheaper way around this? Not a big fan of using my phone gps/nav for inner city driving. Also, I've tried downloading Android Auto but it will not come up on radio screen.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This Forum just makes me spend. Now I have to try.

Hahaha, I know the feeling..... I do really like the factory nav, I know a lot of people complain about it but it has always works great for me.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got it!!!! Awesome !!!

Thank you. Beers on me!!

Was the map update worth the $100?

No problem!!! Yes, I thought so cuz my maps were from 2013-14 and the update brought it up to 2017-18. You can always try it out for awhile and then update the maps if you find they are outdated for your area.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So if I’m reading this correctly he just emails you the code and you enter it?

OP
OP
Olepainless

Olepainless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No problem!!! Yes, I thought so cuz my maps were from 2013-14 and the update brought it up to 2017-18. You can always try it out for awhile and then update the maps if you find they are outdated for your area.

How do you get the updated maps? USB drive?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Will this work after the next uconnect update ?
And where does he get the codes from?
As tempting as this may be, nothing beats waze....and if in a no coverage area, I use google maps offline

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
As tempting as this may be, nothing beats waze....and if in a no coverage area, I use google maps offline
Don't know and don't care as my R3 was a self done upgrade and I don't get Uconnect updates anymore. Had some of the worst travel routes from Waze but that was my experience. I have heard good and I have heard bad. Same with the onboard Navi. Some good and some bad.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Yes, uconnect updates won't cause you to loss it. I'm assuming he has some kind of dealer privileges over in the UK.... he has nothing but positive feedback I've seen.

zzzxhk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Add my vote that this works.

You get any software from this guy from a link that is downloaded to your computer, then you transfer to your own USB. Plug in USB and the system sees the program and starts loading and upgrading.

Maps not worth 600, but the $200 makes it nicer than sticking your phone somewhere. I don't have the voice input, so I can't input an address while driving on my 2016 1500.

Had to find a Windows computer since he says it doesn't work so well on Macs.

kevin griffin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just got mine from this guy 3 days ago. Worked like a charm. Only thing is. he needs better directions. unzip all items onto usb drive. Then place thumb drive into usb spot in the center console of the truck with vehicle on. After it runs, it will show you a screen with a request number with a question looking for a yes or no answer. Take picture of screen, (you can now turn off vehicle and leave It). send him picture. He will respond later with a code. Install usb drive again in vehicle that's running, when it gets to the screen to input code, do it. It will take like 50 min to 1 hr to install. when done and vehicle radio screen goes back to normal and you don't see nav button, press application botton. The nav button will be there. You can leave the button there or press and hold it to drag out to the main bottom buttons of radio. done.