Upgraded Hellwig Rear Sway bar or big wig bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IwantaRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Hellwig swaybar or Hellwig airbags?

Ok, so 2018 power wagon. I knew the platform was lite on GVW so I jumped on the new FWC project M when I came out. Here’s my stats...

Truck GVWR allowance: 1355
family: 425lb
Camper: 515lb
Other items: 400lb (weighed last trip)
I don’t tow ever but my trips are full family and often fully loaded. Camper lives on the truck right now.

last trip I felt the truck was swaying when we came out of turns on the freeway, that’s what I’m first concerned with fixing.

At some point I’ll upgrade both (and carli suspension) but...

Cheers, Nate

B6142995-8DC4-4F57-8310-33112D6311A4.jpeg

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I plan to just bite the bullet an buy a Smittybilt Scout pop-up trailer.

upload_2020-4-20_4-49-49.jpeg

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Ok, so 2018 power wagon. I knew the platform was lite on GVW so I jumped on the new FWC project M when I came out. Here’s my stats...

I don’t tow ever but my trips are full family and often fully loaded. Camper lives on the truck right now.

last trip I felt the truck was swaying when we came out of turns on the freeway, that’s what I’m first concerned with fixing.

Cheers, Nate

View attachment 203337

Is that a power wagon in Australia??

Joke aside, mine does sway sometimes at highway speed when fully loaded ( ex: 4 wheeler in the back )

Will follow this tread.

Cheers

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

Cheers, Nate

View attachment 203337
When I load on top my truck I get the same thing. Though I think you need air bags because of the weight you carry, it will not help with sway. The hellwig swaybar will help some, but as long as you have your Center of gravity that high, you gonna have sway.

A7790052-B22A-4819-B1CD-14B585DCBF3D.jpeg

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One nice thing about the bags is they add extra stability further out...the springs are so far in on each side, I think that has a lot to do with the sway from a loaded bed in the first place.

I would probably start with air bags, however a sway bar would most likely help tremendously as well.