Upgrading 2018 Ram 1500 Tradesman RA1 multimedia unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paulos G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Warlock
Engine
V-6 3.6 Liter 24-Valve
Has anyone, that owns a 2018 Ram 1500 Tradesman Quad cab, upgraded their multimedia Uconnect RA1 unit to RA2 one? I like to upgrade it due to don't like seeing rear parking assist on my rear view mirror and limited features on RA1 unit. I like the Uconnect features for smartphone. Has anyone also installed aftermarket multimedia unit and was able to retain cell phone and USB function on their unit? Some FM frequencies on the RA1 unit doesn't come in strong even though signal is strong; noticed it when I drive other type of vehicles. Whats the best car speakers to upgrade from factory installed one?

spokanedj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I upgraded my 2015 Tradesman from an RA1 to RA2 (had to run the video wires to the head unit connector from the passenger kick panel). With the 2017 and 2018 they moved the mics from the rear view mirror to the headliner. I know there is more information on that in the big thread and I'm not sure what the recommended way to get the mics working is. I also swapped out my steering wheel to get the audio controls and voice control buttons.