Upright spare tire carrier - trying to talk myself into 37" tires!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
why what did you do?.....I was at Costco today and I say more canadian plates than normal, figured they must have rushed the border or something.
They probably all had COVID. They can travel worry free for 90 days if they’ve had it. Us is good. It’s the Canadian government messing around.

stdyrln

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have a spare tire mount that mounts the tire upright against the front of the box or along the side rail? Trying to talk myself into 37's, but do not want it hanging off the back or laying flat (takes up too much room). I have been trying to find something I could use to secure to the front of the box or to the box rail (non-rambox bed). AEV is an option, but still takes up a lot of room if you take the spare out (and need the entire bed floor). Pictures would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Art
IMG_5668.jpgIMG_7220.jpg

I can still haul a full size palette or other truck stuff in a 5'-7" bed- the pre runner racks are cool but are not very conscious of what space you get, if you actually use it as a truck.
The cheap mounts of my old trifold top were bending the bed rails since they are so thin so now its bomb proof. i have a 35", you could do 37" if it was laid out different. I have seen a simple bolt mount that just goes through the front bed panel also work.

SkeeterBait

Reaction score
The Birthplace Town of the "Jersey Devil"
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Getting too old to hustle the under-bed tire mount, besides the 37 incher won't fit anyway. The bags are sand to add weight to smooth out the ride a bit. This is the Wilco UBM3030 hold-down mount. 

Attachments

• 20220225_143527.jpg
    20220225_143527.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 13

scout2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
359 Cummins
View attachment 485252View attachment 485253

I can still haul a full size palette or other truck stuff in a 5'-7" bed- the pre runner racks are cool but are not very conscious of what space you get, if you actually use it as a truck.
The cheap mounts of my old trifold top were bending the bed rails since they are so thin so now its bomb proof. i have a 35", you could do 37" if it was laid out different. I have seen a simple bolt mount that just goes through the front bed panel also work.

hoping you might share specifically what+what brand your tire strap is?

This solution would work exceedingly well with my D350 + CM Flatbed.

Thank you,

stdyrln

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

SpeedStrap 26580 Black 3-Point Spare Tire Hold Down with Looped End, 1 Pack- sorry don't log in very often, it was the only one specifically design for the task- only complaint is the black has faded faster then i would of thought- no issue with function, had a couple flats and i change out and rotate to replace tires so i can get it in and out way faster then lowering the cable jack if it fit under the bed.​