Vehicle Weight Capacity Specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took a quick look through the owners manual for the cargo and towing capacities for my 21 BTS but I couldn't find actual numbers. I didn't have a chance to do much looking because I was actually waiting for someone. Are the cargo and towing numbers actually in the owners manual or is there somewhere else I can get that info? If it is in the manual I'll dive through it again when i have more time.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Payload may not be correct on that chart for your particular truck, however the payload is listed on a sticker on the door post or jamb.
Actually a few of the other numbers may not be correct also.
Check the sticker, it is for your particular truck as options change many of the numbers.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Payload may not be correct on that chart for your particular truck, however the payload is listed on a sticker on the door post or jamb.
Actually a few of the other numbers may not be correct also.
Check the sticker, it is for your particular truck as options change many of the numbers.
This right here... or you can put your vin in on the RAMTRUCKS.com and it will show towing and payload.

GO here..l

Click LOOK UP MY VEHCICLE (middle right)

Enter you VIN in the box.

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
This right here... or you can put your vin in on the RAMTRUCKS.com and it will show towing and payload.

GO here..l

Click LOOK UP MY VEHCICLE (middle right)

Enter you VIN in the box.

Very cool! :)

Last edited:

aces-n-eights

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The charts and online guides are great, but to get an accurate payload rating you need to actually weigh your truck. For example... The GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) on my 2016 1500 is 6,900 lbs. The guides say i have about 1,500 lbs of payload capacity, but when i scaled my truck (empty, full gas tank) it weighed 5,720 lbs giving me only 1,180 lbs of payload. Quite a difference!

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Its crazy the towing differences by simply switching gear ratios. Ive never realized that.

What is "Hemi BSG" ?