Very Annoying Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josephw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Hey Folks! Regretfully I've been MIA for quite a while here at RF, but I need help. I"ve had my 01 Ram 1500 4X4 Off-Road for 2 years now. Since I bought it the infamous P0720 has haunted me. After replacing the Output Speed Sensor, the Rear Speed Sensor(on the diff), Governor and Transducer, the trans shifts perfectly. No matter what I do, after resetting the computer, \the code comes back as soon as I leave the driveway. I'm now assuming it's a wiring issue, but if it were wiring wouldn't I be having shift issues? It bugs the mess out of me having the CEL on all the time. I'm open to ALL ideas and suggenstions. Thanks guys. :emotions122:

OP
OP
J

josephw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Forgot to mention... TPS and IAC have also been replaced and I followed the wiring and nothing seems to be damaged.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Take off the connectors on the computer under the hood, make sure the pins are all corrosion free and slather on a bit of di-electric great.