Want to Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Howdy y’all, I’m finally deciding to go thru with some new shoes for my truck. Specifically, I’m gonna go for 33x12.50r20s on some -24 offset/4.5” backspace wheels. From what I’ve read it seems these wheels and tires will fit without rubbing on a level

Whats the best way to level a 2WD? I have an ‘06 so no torsion keys. Can’t use bilstein 5100’s cuz they aren’t compatible with my 2WD suspension. The other option seems to be spring spacers which I’m worried will extend my shocks out too far, but I’ll buy new lengthier shocks if needed

Then theres lift spindles which seems to be the best way to lift, but from what I can find that seems more for 4.5” and higher

Any other options out there? I’d like to do this right the first time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orange whip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lifting my sons 2wd 2005 ram 1500 2'' spacers and was told to go with a longer shock one for a 2500. So just wondering if you did level and how it came out.

OP
OP
Fishstickz

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Lifting my sons 2wd 2005 ram 1500 2'' spacers and was told to go with a longer shock one for a 2500. So just wondering if you did level and how it came out.

Yeah i ended up leveling with some spacers and it turned out well. I bought some rough country shocks that were designed for 1-3 inches of lift, which may not have been necessary but I didn’t want any issues to come up. About 10k miles so far and all is good

Since you have an 05, I would definitely just go with torsion keys to lift the front up. 06-08 doesn’t have torsion keys and thats why I went with spacers. Spacers aren’t inherently “bad” but they do place some limitations on your wheel travel and some people have issues with ride quality. Torsion keys seem to be the way to go with 2002-2005 1-2.5” of lift and as far as I know I don’t believe they require longer shocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk