wanting it even lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redsled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 4/6 drop and was wanting to go lower. My question is what is everyone doing about their gas tanks being so low? Is there a way to get the bottom level with the frame rails? I have already dragged mine once and don't want to do that again.

OP
OP
R

redsled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So I guess by the lack of response nobody here has done anything about their low hanging fuel tanks.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Living in Fl, there is pretty much 0 elevation changes so I haven't had problems being to low an scraping my gas tank. I have traction bars on too, so they are lower than the gas tank an I think I got hung up on the once. I'm 4/6 with a 29" tall tire.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I hit when I was on 28's, Now on 30's without problems. The answer to your problem and those lower is a fuel cell. One can be installed behind the axle or in the bed. Not many folks have done it, so you are pretty much on your own figuring out what you want to do. I'm half way done by having a custom fuel system installed which pretty much allows me to use whatever tank I want.

o6lr.jpg