Warn Winch Clutch Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TennVol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 2018 PW. The winch has never been used, so today I thought I would try it out to get the feel of how it works. I immediately ran into a problem. I can't find the lever to disengage the clutch. The remote works just fine reeling the cable in and out. All of the instructions I can find reference the clutch lever. I've been under my truck for 20 minutes looking for the darn thing, but can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

wobly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It should be accessible from the front. If you are standing in front of the truck, just reach your hand in the hole by the passenger side (curb side) of the winch. The lever should be in there.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I have a 2018 PW. The winch has never been used, so today I thought I would try it out to get the feel of how it works. I immediately ran into a problem. I can't find the lever to disengage the clutch. The remote works just fine reeling the cable in and out. All of the instructions I can find reference the clutch lever. I've been under my truck for 20 minutes looking for the darn thing, but can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Watch this video. Skip to about the 1 minute mark.
Should just be to the right of the winch iteself.

Hope this helps!

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have never used this respool the cable or rope under tension before you use it
If steel cable I would use fluid film on it as you spool it makes it last longer only down side is your gloves get dirty when you use it

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
AAA is your friend.

OP
OP
TennVol

TennVol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you have never used this respool the cable or rope under tension before you use it
If steel cable I would use fluid film on it as you spool it makes it last longer only down side is your gloves get dirty when you use it

Thanks for the tip. I'll pick up some today and spray it on the cable as I'm re-spooling.