Warning lights in the EVIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, I didn't notice this when I purchased the truck but that doesn't mean it wasn't happening at the time.

Every time I start the truck, if I have the EVIC displaying the engine information, coolant temp, trans temp, oil pressure and temp.... The digital parts of the display for oil pressure and coolant stay red for about 5 seconds after the display comes up and then they turn their normal color. At the same time the warning light for the engine temp in the lower bar of the display stays red as well.

According to the gauges and the numbers being displayed they are not operating outside acceptable ranges.

Anyone else notice this or is this a trip to the dealer?

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It is just part of the start up procedure and self test that the truck does. On all my vehicles the oil and temp lights would light up during startup and then turn off.

OP
OP
O

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am familiar with the self test. But the particular displays stay red after all the other warning lights have gone out for roughly 5 seconds.

OP
OP
O

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you.