Weird no power situation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ragoodsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2020 Rebel HEMI, 52000 complete trouble free miles. Went out to eat last night drove truck home and into the garage like normal. I do not lock tge truck in garage. This AM I attempt to open tailgate and it us locked, weird. Go to start tge truck and there is nothing. I check battery, full 13.7 volts. Get second remote ( both remotes have new batteries) still nothing. Slowly display messages start coming up. Remote starts the truck right up but neither fob will take truck out of Remote start mode. I disconnect battery for like 15 mins no change. Door locks, folding mirrors all work. For no reason all of a sudden both fobs work, dash message display goes off like it should. I drove the vehicle
and found Auto climate control only shows Hi/lo and no temperature gradations and it blows just hot when on auto. Let the truck sit for a couple of hours and now everything works properly and is back to normal.

No stored codes, no check engine.

Any ideas? Thanks

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Open fuse box, gently press down on each fuse. Very often they are not fully seated. This can cause all sorts of weird gremlins. With respect to some functions coming back over time, this is normal after you disconnect the battery. For a faster drain, touch the negative and positive cables together, this quickly dissipates the capacitors in the system. Otherwise it can take a few hours being disconnected for that to happen completely.

These new trucks are prone to random and sporadic oddities. Drive it a while and see if they come back. Let us know if you find anything else.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. Will check fuses.
It may take multiple drive cycles to get all systems back on line,. Remember, there are numerous systems and modules and they R all interconnected and talk to each other. Rolling friggin Apple Computers, LOL.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My guess. The computer system was stuck. Just needed to be restarted.

I have 2021 Rebel. at least 8 times it's done some crazy ****.

Once while driving down the highway. I was playing music with my phone (cable connected). It made some strange beeping in speakers. Everything on console stop working.
It turned on heated seats and wheel. music stop playing. On board nav sort of worked but showed I was in totally different area. My ass was so hot, but I couldn't turn it off.

I pulled over, turned turn on and off, nothing worked. Finally stop at gas station for about an hour. Truck was back to normal.

duck man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Started my 2021 eco diesel with 38000miles and it ran for about 5 seconds, the dash went black and engine died. No power except drivers headlamp and passenger tail lamp. tried removing battery, and even tested battery(full charge). still no start, no power. Had it towed to dealer, waiting for mechanic to look at it.
any body have anything like this?

duck man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found out the dealer I bought the truck from replaced engine and the mechanics frayed the ground straps when they removed the cab/install.
so my local dealer replaced with new straps and all working fine.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Found out the dealer I bought the truck from replaced engine and the mechanics frayed the ground straps when they removed the cab/install.
so my local dealer replaced with new straps and all working fine.
Well that's a new one. Kind of makes you wonder what else those "master" mechanics messed up. Hopefully you have warranty for quite a while on the new motor.

guardian2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000-2005
Engine
4.7L, 5.7L
2020 Rebel HEMI, 52000 complete trouble free miles. Went out to eat last night drove truck home and into the garage like normal. I do not lock tge truck in garage. This AM I attempt to open tailgate and it us locked, weird. Go to start tge truck and there is nothing. I check battery, full 13.7 volts. Get second remote ( both remotes have new batteries) still nothing. Slowly display messages start coming up. Remote starts the truck right up but neither fob will take truck out of Remote start mode. I disconnect battery for like 15 mins no change. Door locks, folding mirrors all work. For no reason all of a sudden both fobs work, dash message display goes off like it should. I drove the vehicle
and found Auto climate control only shows Hi/lo and no temperature gradations and it blows just hot when on auto. Let the truck sit for a couple of hours and now everything works properly and is back to normal.

No stored codes, no check engine.

Any ideas? Thanks

guardian2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000-2005
Engine
4.7L, 5.7L
I have Disconnected battery for a few minutes, turn on lights, a/c, etc to drain capacitor. Fixes the diesel, 1500 5.7, and 4.7 dakota. Jeeps as well. If key fells funny when turning to start then that key solenoid? could be bad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca