Weird TPMS Issue Yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As I was driving on the freeway the right rear alert came on and it said only 9 psi. Everything felt fine and looking in my mirror, the tire looked fine. After a minute or two it just went back to normal. Then, about 15 minutes later, the same thing happened with the left rear. Showed 9 psi (or maybe lower) for a minute and then went back to normal. Never had any issues with the sensors before and it's been fine for the last 24 hours. Anyone see anything similar where the false alert went from one side to the other?

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Mine did something like that about a year ago. Front left showed weird pressure readings intermittently, then a week later it just quit working.

I took it by Les Schwab tires and they said the battery died. Replaced it and I was on my way.

My truck is a 2013, and the first sensor battery died in 2023. The guy at Les Schwab said that 8 years is about the average, so I beat the average by 2 years on the front left. The other three are still original.

How old is your truck?

OP
OP
TomT

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a 2015, but I think I remember replacing all of them when I put my new rims on it a few years in. One acting up would be kind of normal. It's the left and then the right doing it one after the other that has me scratching my head.